Chapter 6: To The Present

Start from the beginning

Black Heart was shocked now that she had the complete story.

To think that all this time, this kid who she had known for 2 years, was the one who essentially saved her nation from inner turmoil 3 years ago and never knew about it.

It made her decision easy.

After letting Alex calm down, she cleared her throat.

"I'm truly sorry for your losses Alex. I have made my decision." She said with a smile as she looked at Alex.

Alex looked up at her after wiping a few tears. He expected to be given the death sentence. Who cares if she was the reason the slums got so restless? Still doesn't hide the fact that killed hundreds of people.

With that, the decision came as Black Heart took a deep breathe.

"Alex Mustang. You won't be given the death penalty. You'll be allowed to live and go back to Black Ops HQ unharmed."

[Flashback Over: Back to the present]

Those words repeated over and over on Alex's mind as he just sat on his couch thinking back to that fateful day of when his life was spared.

He just didn't get it.

Early on after the decision, Noire treated Alex nicely and even had him run a few harmless errands for her.

Hell, Alex didn't tells this to Uni, but Noire actually was the first girl Alex had a crush on.

Unfortunately, things changed.

Uni and the other CPUs and candidates, ESPECIALLY Neptune, always told Alex about Noire's Tsundere attitude and how she'd always act aggressive and mean towards others.

Alex thought it was just them messing around with him, then it happened.

Noire suddenly started acting aggressive towards Alex.

Constantly insulting him for the slightest mistake, nagging on him for being late, and just tons of other times when she'd punch or slap him for no reason.

Thankfully as Alex's friendship with Noire began to wane, he and Uni had already tied the knot and became a couple.

That leads it to today.

The harsh part is, Alex deep down still had feelings for Noire even through all the harsh things she had done to him since then.

How could he not?

He was raised to love Lastation and respect its CPU.

But to see how nonexistent their friendship was now, it stung a ton.

Thankfully, Alex's deep thoughts were over as he suddenly got a text from Uni.

Uni: Hey Alex. You okay?

Alex: Yeah I'm fine. Just took a moment to cool down.

Uni: Sorry about Noire. I don't know why she just snapped then and there.

Alex: It's okay. It was bound to happen anytime.

Uni: Hey. I ran into Vert earlier today after the meeting.