A M i l l i o n T h a n k s,

I lay back on the full-sized sheet I ripped off my bed in a rush, needing somewhere to lay on tonight other than the hard, patched-up grass

I didn't have any blankets that my mom would allow me to lay outside on the ground for a few hours just so she would have it clean again, so when she and the rest of my family finally left for the night, I became a little rebel and decided my bedsheets weren't blankets.

I'm a genius.

The dark sky was littered with stars, reminding me that there is so much more to the world than just what I know. I'm just a tiny little shitty human out of billions of shitty humans that adds to the inevitable destruction of planet earth.

Wow, I'm such a positive person... who knew?

"What are you thinking about?" Aiden whispers beside me, breaking me out of my thoughts and making my head snap to his amusement filled eyes.

I smile at him and shrug, "Just about how humans are slowly destroying the earth and any chance our great-great-great-great grandkids have for survival," I comment nonchalantly and almost burst out laughing when Aiden's face falls.

He narrows his eyes at me and brings the back of his palm to my forehead, "Are you feeling okay, Torres, or is the heat finally getting to you?"

I wack his hand away from me and roll my eyes. Ignoring his comment, I lay my head on his chest. He immediately wraps his arms around me and pulls me close.

This will never not feel right.

This entire summer with Aiden has been... Well, perfect, to be honest.

I spent almost every day with Aiden doing just about anything.

It could range from having frozen yogurt at fro-yo entertainment just so he could embarrass me about having worked there and having to wear a flashy cow hat on my head like the other workers (he still thought I would look cute in it) to hopping on Aiden's private jet (yes, private jet) and flying to the big apple (yes, New York freaking City) just because he felt adventurous.

It was crazy how often I forget about the momentous amount of money Aiden has, but I have learned to not think too much about it. It hasn't been much of a problem since he isn't someone who brags about it, thankfully.

He's very good at knowing when it's all too much for me and perfect at dialing it back in a very comfortable (and non-awkward) way.

I think Aiden has memorized the drive to Bakersfield by heart at this point from how many times he comes. My mom still doesn't let him sleepover, which isn't surprising, but since Shaney is so cool, Aiden usually stays at Lexi's place.

As long as he isn't too far, it's okay with me.

"I can't believe this summer is almost over," I mumble with my lips pressed against his cotton shirt. This was the best summer of my life and it's ending. I'm scared that starting school will change things, especially since this semester is still so up in the air.