Chapter Thirty-Three: This Little Light of Mine

For a couple of blissful seconds after I woke up, I forgot everything that happened last night

For a couple of blissful seconds after I woke up, I forgot everything that happened last night. But that didn't last long as all the memories rushed back in and it felt like someone was standing on my chest.

My mom's strained voice invaded my memory along with all of the screams I let out last night.

I also take the time to look at the sleeping boy by my side. Aiden looks peaceful as he lays loyally by my side with his arm still draped over my stomach and his face snuggled into my chest. His mouth is slightly open as soft snores that sound more like heavy breaths fill the room. I can feel his warm breath fanning my chest and I smile slightly.

Not wanting this day to start, I try to close my eyes again and lay my head on Aiden's head inhaling his mint and pine scent. Sadly, my movement was enough to stir him awake. I hear him groan slightly as he lifts his head from my chest with squinted eyes. When he sees me, he smiles and pecks my cheek, "Good morning."

I blush since he's never done that before and it's not normal for us. He realizes his out of the ordinary move and his eyes widen slightly and I swear I see his cheeks turn a light shade of pink, "Sorry," he mumbles.

I think about everything he did for me last night. The way he held me, the way he caught me when I broke down in the shower, how he securely wrapped my towel around me and changed me into my clothes. My feelings for Aiden Grey have never been stronger.

Without thinking too much of it, I grab the sides of his face, forcing him to look back at me, and slam my lips against his. He reacts automatically, deepening our kiss and pushing me gently back down onto the bed as our tongues battle each other. The mint and chocolate taste seeps into my mouth as I push his head down to lessen the space between us.

He suddenly pulls back and gives me a look of restraint, "We shouldn't right now. It's not the time," he mumbles as he examines my face. I love it when he looks at me like that.

Like he's memorizing every single inch of it.

I snap out of the moment and my mind returns to my troubles and I can feel cheeks warm from the overwhelming sorrow filling me.

"Yeah," I mumble quietly before lifting myself slightly from the bed, "Do I have to go?" I ask him.

He gets up from the bed and pulls me up the rest of the way as well, "Yeah, you do."

❀❀❀

The drive to Bakersfield was the longest in my entire life. But weirdly also the shortest. We told Lexi when we were leaving and she said Luke was driving the rest of them. They were all going to Lexi's house first then heading over later. I was counting down every minute I had left in Aiden's car, dreading the moment the closer I got. When I see the familiar frozen yogurt shop, I almost burst into tears.

"You look amazing, Mi Amor!" Abuelita compliments me as I twirl in the kitchen wearing a black sundress with little white flowers splattered across it.