Chapter Twenty-Three: Closer

"Who died, Torres?"

"Who died, Torres?"

I'm walking out of my anatomy class after my exam feeling like I wanted to crawl under a rock and die. So I guess I'm the person who died in this situation.

Or at least when I get my grade back and realize I failed.

That exam was harder than I expected it to be. I spent the rest of the entire weekend studying and ignoring Aiden's texts, even though all I wanted was to make out with him again. I only sent him a quick 'gotta focus. Talk later.' text.

It was when I turned over my exam booklet and started skimming over the questions that I realized Mr. Acker was one of those professors that put all the things you didn't study on the actual exam.

I just hope my guessing skills came out for the kill and helped me pass.

"My GPA, Grey."

"Oh come on! It couldn't have been that bad," he says laughing as we walk away from the building and walk back to my room for some... private time.

I scoff and look at his direction, my eyes blazing with anger, "It was, Grey. It was bad. It was worse than bad. I just wanted it to end. What the hell am I going to do? This class is probably the most important one for an aspiring doctor!" I yell out exasperated. I'm in deep shit.

Aiden gets quiet at my statement before sighing, "Maybe it's a sign you should pursue something else instead? Like... your music?" he says quietly, obviously walking on eggshells around the topic that made me yell at him last time he brought it up.

"I already told you that's not going to happen."

"You also said we weren't going to happen," he replies quickly as if the response was in the back of his pocket ready to be fired at me. I look at him with a deadpan look on my face and a clenched jaw.

He loses the smile on his face, "Sorry," he says innocently.

I give him a smug look, "Don't make me change my mind," I cross my arms and turn to face the path in front of me, knowing I was flat out lying and hoping he wouldn't catch on.

I feel his arms wrap around me, "I'm kidding, Torres! Please don't change your mind," he rests his chin on my shoulder and I turn to look at him to see him pouting, in turn making me stare at his lips.

I giggle lightly, he's so cute, "Fineee. I'll give you another chance," I playfully rolled my eyes and I felt him peck my cheeks. I push him off of me, "Aiden. Stop, people can see us," I laugh nervously, looking around to see if anyone notices. I'm kinda paranoid.

"Oh come on! Who cares who sees me kissing your cheek, I do that with lots of girls," he laughs out. My stomach drops hearing those words.

It's good to know when you aren't special.

I roll my eyes, "I know but... well, I already said nothing in public. Please respect that rule, Grey," I state firmly.

I hear him chuckle at my side, "But it felt so good when I broke the old rules."