Chapter Fifty-Four: Confident

~ Breakaway Kelly Clarkson ~

"You are never ready so why am I even surprised?" Aiden grumbles from my bed that he is lazily stretched out on in his black jeans and faded blue t-shirt that is slowly lifting for me to get a little glimpse of the beautiful man I call mine

I roll my eyes and continue to look through the various dresses and rompers hung up in the closet, "Get used to it, buddy," I comment nonchalantly as one of my light blue dresses catches my attention.

Hmm may– Oh wait, Summer was wearing a dress just like this in the library two days ago.

With that thought in mind, I continue my search.

"I don't know why you take forever. You look good in anything, babe, just pick something so we can go!" he whines and my heart flutters at the nickname I'm still not used to.

He always says it so casually, as if he's been dying to call me that this whole time and now it's just falling effortlessly from his lips.

I ignore the fact that the temperature in the room has risen by like 60 degrees and brush off his very sweet statement, "Oh, shush! I wanna look cute! It's like we're going on our first date," I tease and send him a wink over my shoulder.

His eyes widen and he shakes his head aggressively as he stands from the bed, "Oh hell no. Our first date will be something out of a movie, Torres. You will wear something so extremely beautiful that I will probably have to start the date by taking it off of you," he smirks as he gets closer to me.

He wraps his arms around my waist and tugs me closer to him while laying his chin on my shoulder, giving him the perfect view of my pink cheeks, "Aw, did I make my baby blush?" he teases while squeezing me harder.

I squirm under his burning gaze on the side of my face and because of the fact that if he squeezes me any tighter, I might just pee.

"Let go, Grey! I need my space to pick an appropriate outfit! Don't you want to go?" I remind him, hoping it will be enough for him to back up and let me breathe.

I see him roll his eyes playfully from the corner of my eye before ultimately letting me go and plopping himself back on the bed while pouting. I have to stop myself from climbing on top of him when he gives me those sad puppy dog 'love-me' eyes.

I take a deep breath to calm my raging teenage girl hormones and focus back on the problem at hand, "Help me choose something, then we can go!" I offer and immediately hear him whine, once again.