Chapter Forty-One: Beautiful People

*Warning: Mature Content Ahead*

"Punch buggy, no punch backs!"

"Ow, Torres! Stop hitting me. I'm driving!" Aiden yells at me for punching his shoulder for the fifth time during this car ride. But, he should be better at finding bugs on the road like I am!

"I told you to keep an eye out for the Bugs! Not my fault you can't find any– Punch buggy, no punch backs!" I punch his shoulder again at the sight of the rundown bright yellow Volkswagen beetle driving slowly ahead of us in the right lane.

Aiden swats my hand off of his and his cheeks turn slightly red in frustration, "Let's play another game before you make me crash!" he suggests as he gives me a small tight-lipped smile. I grin at him and hold back the laughter since I know I'm close to bursting.

We've been driving for about an hour now and I've been having the best time. I feel so free whenever I'm around Aiden and it's pretty hard for that to go away the longer I'm with him. There's no pressure to be someone I'm not or to try hard to start a conversation.

We can talk about anything and I love that.

"Fine," I give in but a new idea pops into my head and I cross one leg under the other to face Aiden, "Let's play twenty questions."

"Uhh," he groans as he rolls his eyes at my suggestion, "Why? I already know everything about you, Torres." My eyes narrow in disbelief. He does not know everything about me. I doubt he knows anything really.

I cross my arms over my chest, "Oh really?" I ask and watch as a smug expression crosses his face and he flickers his gaze to meet mine, "What's my favorite color?"

"Blue."

"Favorite food?"

"Mac and Cheese"

"How do you even know that?" I ask incredulously. I don't think I have ever eaten the cheesy goodness near him so how is that even possible?

He smiles at me, "I heard you one day on the phone with Lexi after we... you know, and you told her to steal mac and cheese for you in the dining hall since it's your favorite," he says nonchalantly as I blush feverishly. He pays attention.

"Oh, and also when she walked in on us making out, saying she brought you some from the dining hall... ah, good times," he's grinning from ear to ear at the memory and I narrow my eyes at him. Cheeky bastard.

"Um... Uh, okay," I clear my throat and put the determined look back on my face, "What was my first ever job?"

"Frozen yogurt place... Fro-Yo Entertainment?" he asks, but I can tell it wasn't even a question because he knew he was right.

I roll my eyes, "What's my favorite movie?" I smirk since only Lexi really knows the truth on this one. I got him this time.

"'Love, Rosie,'" I feel myself smirk smugly, but I don't expect him to continue, "is what you tell people is your favorite movie," my smirk drops, "But it's actually '10 Things I Hate About You'" he smirks widely at my silence.