Chapter Twenty: Truth Hurts

Please don't come

Please don't come. Please don't come. Oh my god is that hi– nope that's a girl...

I'm sitting in chemistry, crouched low in my seat, hoping and praying that Aiden decides to skip class today.

I haven't talked to him since I practically jumped him and made a fool of myself at the bonfire and again in my room.

Gosh. I'm never drinking again.

It's like I was possessed by some sex-crazed demon women. I couldn't stop trying to make a move when he obviously wasn't interested.

Oh God, I'm a terrible person.

No means NO, Mari.

I have always been a flirty drunk once I reach a certain level of intoxication and I surpassed that at the bonfire.

All the drama with hitting Summer and watching Aiden take care of her and make her laugh and smile got to my head and I acted like a childish jealous ex-girlfriend.

I know I had no right to be mad at him. He is free to do whatever he wants, especially since I had rejected his advances on multiple occasions.

I broke our friendship rules that night and ruined everything. Now it's going to be awkward and horrible between us.

That is if he even talks to me. I have no clue how he will react when he sees me again.

I've been planning my apology in my head since the morning after everything went down. A morning filled with regret and vomit. It was not pretty.

Grey, I'm so sorry for trying to trick you into having sex with me when I was dru–

No that sucks.

Grey, let's forget everything that happened since nothing can happen between us anyway and never speak about how I forced you to touch my ass–

Oh god.

I don't see a good outcome for this conversation.

While I was throwing up and feeling sorry for myself, I ended up telling Lexi and Ava everything that has been going on with Aiden, including how I handled last night.

And how I did mean to hit Summer in the face with a volleyball.

Despite laughing when I told them the truth about Summer, they told me to just explain to him that I wasn't thinking clearly and I shouldn't have done the majority of the things I did that day.

Which is good advice, but I'm not the best at confrontation.

But, I am the best at overthinking!

Which is what I'm doing right now.

In that moment, Aiden walks into the lecture hall causing a chill to run down my spine and for me to sit up in my chair.