Chapter Forty-Seven: To Build A Home

Waking up to the soft caressing coming from Aiden's fingertips, leading from the tip on my shoulder all the way to my hip bone, has to be my favorite way to wake up

I even pretend I'm asleep a little longer so he continues because I know once I shift, even an inch, he'll stop. He doesn't want to be caught exploring the curves of my body when I'm not awake. Probably because that sounds hella creepy...

His hand grips my hip a little tighter than I think he intended and I can't help the goosebumps that arise all over, which he definitely feels. His touches stop and I feel the bed shift as he quickly turns himself enough to lay flat on his side of the bed.

For his sake and mine, I let out a dramatic yawn in hopes that it's enough to convince him that I just woke up before turning to face him.

I almost let out a laugh when he also yawns dramatically before stretching out his arms and turning to me with an innocent smile plastered on his face.

This boy is too much, I swear.

"Good morning," I greet softly, still holding back my laughter as he rubs his eyes, as if to rub away the sleepiness, for extra effect.

"Morning," he replies shortly as if he's embarrassed by his actions even though he thinks I didn't know what he was doing. I don't even want to bring it up, mostly because I don't want him to not do it again.

I know that things like that probably don't fall into our agreement, but I'm feeling like lines are starting to blur and I really have no clue what's going on. But talking about it might ruin a good thing and I'm not ready for that.

I reach past him, which means I pretty much lay right on top of him, to grab my phone off the side table.

Aiden's hands immediately go to my hips once I'm far enough to reach my phone, "Damn, Torres. You ready to go this early?" I narrow my eyes at him, but he continues with a shrug, "I mean, I usually like some breakfast first but I'm down."

I roll my eyes at his comment and forcefully smile at him, "Oh please, Grey. We both know you're the one who's always ready to go at whatever time."

He chuckles in agreement as I check the time on my phone, 9 am. I told my parents I would come home this weekend, but I'm putting it off for as long as possible so I told them I had homework to do during the day and would head over around six.

I needed time to prepare what I was going to say. Maybe I should make a PowerPoint for organizational purposes? It might help me stay on track and not panic.

I shift my gaze to Aiden's just to see him ogling my goodies that are pressed against his chest, "Grey," I state firmly to get his attention and it's enough for his hooded eyes to snap out of his trance.

I snicker quietly, "Enjoying the view?"

"Oh, hell yeah." I swat his chest lightly before leaning back down with my arms crossed in front of me to lay my chin on and look up at him.