Chapter Twenty-Six: Don't Stop The Music

"Lexi, are you even packed yet??" I ask as I continue to run back and forth between my drawer and weekend bag that's already practically stuffed to the brim on my bed

"Bitch, I've been packed since yesterday!!" Lexi answers from behind her phone as she lays on her bed carelessly. I take a pause to examine her and see that the smaller version of her polka dot suitcase is packed and ready to go. Oh. How very un-Lexi of her.

"Oh... I'm shocked not gonna lie," I chuckle as I continue to fold the clothing sprawled on my bed. Lexi lifts herself from the bed and walks over to mine.

"I was just too excited to wait till today. Plus, Mason was over and he wanted me to model my outfits for him. Took that as a chance to pack too," she giggles with a mischievous smile on her face. I give her a knowing look. She better be careful because she is spending more time with Mason than she has with any other fuck buddy... like ever.

I fold one of my cropped band t-shirts, "Mhmm, seems like you spend lots of time with Mas. Anything you wanna confess, Lex?" I ask, not looking at her but not being able to help the smirk that comes onto my face.

She scoffs, "Oh really? You're one to talk! Isn't a certain boy from our group sugar daddying you this weekend?" I glare at her statement playfully. Lexi knows how I don't like handouts from anyone so when I told her how Aiden practically begged me to let him cover my part of the trip and I agreed, she freaked. She was convinced we were in love with each other and going to have little Mari and Aiden's running around soon.

She's crazy.

I smack her arm, "Oh whatever! I thought you wanted me to come this weekend, did you not??"

"Apparently not as much as Aiden," she giggles from the side of my bed my clothes weren't on. I laugh at her statement as a blush comes across my face. I hate to admit it, but it feels really good that Aiden wanted me to come so badly. It feels good to be wanted, even if it is just sometimes sexually and others as a friend. I know it isn't anything more than that, but I didn't care at this point.

I just wanted to have fun with my friends this weekend and not overthink things like usual.

I hear Ava bust through the door and my head snaps in her direction. Her cheeks are flushed and she's breathing heavily, "The guys are almost here and I'm not even close to being ready!! Oh my God, Mas is going to kill me," Ava rushes out as she moves to her Louis Vuitton weekend bag that puts my Walmart bag to shame.

But it's fine, I love Walmart.

Lexi and I laugh as a stressed-out Ava packs as fast as humanly possible. As Ava said, the boys would be here soon to drive us all up to the Airbnb house, or mansion, that we reserved for the weekend.

It's the Friday afternoon that we have all been anticipating and the first portion of MaliTunes was tonight. It's a tradition for the music festival to start with a rave that lasts for the majority of the night and into the wee hours of the morning.