Chapter Nineteen: Lost Boy

This girl will be the death of me

The way she grinds her hips in the most seductive manner without even trying, the cute little snort that slips out when she's laughing too hard, the way she's embarrassed by it even though it's my favorite sound.

The way she dragged her nose up the length of my neck at the bonfire was still driving me crazy. And the way she leaned her head against my shoulder and breathed harshly against my neck, watching as my hand moved up her thigh.

She makes me laugh. Probably more than any girl I have ever been around, including Summer. My favorite is the mini-concert she performed when that Harry Styles song came on. It was infectious.

But the way she sings?

It's mesmerizing.

It's like anytime I close my eyes, I see her the day she sang for me at her house. Her smile froze me in place because before then, I have never seen a person that happy.

That's my favorite memory of her because she was 100% herself, in her element.

She was at peace.

I take a deep breath, trying to calm my racing thoughts while also attempting to settle down the semi I'm currently sporting.

Thanks, Torres.

She wouldn't stop touching me and under other circumstances, I would be thrilled. But we agreed to be friends because that's what she wanted.

I know that Torres is going to want to take back everything that happened tonight anyway and her friendship is what I want, not anything else.

So for her, I'll act as if nothing happened. Like she didn't wrap me around her fingers tonight.

But I'm happy she put those boundaries on our relationship, believe it or not.

I told myself that after everything that happened with Summer that relationships just weren't for me. At least not in college.

College is a time to be free, to discover all the extremities that life has to offer. And I have the means to discover them.

Money has never been a problem and I know good looks can make life a bit easier. And I was over feeling guilty for being able to use both to my advantage.

After what happened with my family a couple of years ago, I wanted to live.

Because I felt like I was dying.

My relationship with Summer was the one time I thought I could be turning things around. But just like everything else in my life, it disappointed. And now a relationship is the last thing I want.

Life is short and I wanna fucking live it.

But Torres–

I hear a ding come from my phone and quickly glance at the passenger that used to hold Mari and now is only occupied by my phone.