Chapter Fifty-One: Honesty

The harsh pounding of my head wakes me up unpleasantly

The harsh pounding of my head wakes me up unpleasantly. My bed feels way more comfortable than usual, but familiar and safe still. I groan and rub my face roughly in attempts to open my eyes.

The second I do I realize that I am not in my room, but rather in Aiden's.

How the hell did I end up here?

I try to remember what happened last night and it slowly comes back bit by bit until I have all, or most, of the information. I really wish I just didn't remember any of it, really.

I remember him telling me he loves me over and over just because I asked him too. I'm freaking horrible. Not only did I hurt him when he said it the first time by completely rejecting him, but I made him say it again just so I could hear it.

My drunk self didn't have any self-control since she knew the sober one wanted to hear it again anyway. I really did want to hear it again, but not like this.

I lift myself slowly and stay propped on my hands while I wait for the room to stop spinning so much. After everything happened with Aiden outside Sammy's, it's like I fell back into the destructive routine. But this time, I decided to party at Aiden's house like the dumb bitch I am.

His room looks the same as I remember, comfortable. I didn't realize how much I missed being here but I grew accustomed to waking up to Aiden's slightly messy drawers and the stack of video games near his TV. The clutteredness of his student desk, the silkiness of his sheets...

I lean my head back onto the pillow and take a good sniff since it smelled like him. Okay, I'm being creepy.

I turn my head to notice the two little orange pills and the glass of water left on the side table. I'm assuming that's for me. Did Aiden do this? Of course, he did. He's too good for me.

The pounding that continues to attack me makes me graciously accept the gift left behind. I drank the entire glass of water since I was way thirstier than I first thought.

I wonder where Aiden is and, more importantly, if he was coming back. I honestly don't know what I would say to him if he walked in the room right now. Hi, sorry I forced you to declare your love for me again... and then proceed to not say it back...

Yeah, I'm a bitch.

Even though I have no clue what I would say to him, I still really want to see him, so I wait around his room for another 20 minutes, like a loser, for him to come back. After twiddling my thumbs, sniffing a couple of shirts, and folding some of them back into their drawers because I couldn't help it, I decided to leave.

I'm still wearing Lexi's tiny white shorts that I begged her to let me wear and my tiny top to go along with it and I frown a little. Usually, when I wake up in this room, I'm encompassed by any random t-shirt thrown around in Aiden's room and it always made me feel so safe.