Chapter Fifteen: Good Time

~ Adore You  ❀  Harry Styles ~

"Nos vamos, Abuelita"     ("We are leaving, Grandma")

Aiden and I finally manage to make our way back downstairs with a bag full of clothes, and underwear, in my hands, and my guitar case in Aiden's.

My Abuelita makes her way from the kitchen to the living area to see us off.

"Aiden, Hijo, be a dear and put this stuff in the car while I talk to my granddaughter."

Oh god.

I'm sure she wants to talk about Aiden, or else she wouldn't have politely, yet obviously, made him leave.

Aiden smiles at us before grabbing the bag in my hand and saying goodbye to my Abuelita and heading out to the car.

"Si, Abuelita?"

"Es Hermoso, no?"    ("He's beautiful, No?")

Oh GOD.

I roll my eyes at her, "Abuelita, we are just friends. And I can't have a distraction that big when I have other things to focus on," I explain, my face falling slightly.

"Your happiness is not a distraction, Mariana."

I believe it when it comes out of her mouth. But Aiden is not my happiness. That distraction is not the source of my happiness. My family is my happiness.

I sigh at Abuelita and hug her tight, "I'm happy, Abuelita. You, Alex, Mamá, Papá, and Lexi is all I need to be happy. You guys are my everything. I don't need someone else to come in and ruin that.

She sighs deeply, running her hands up and down my back in a soothing manner, "I know you love us, Mi Amor. But I'm scared you'll lose yourself because your heart's too big."

I retreat from her hug, holding her arms in mine still, "I won't. I'm still singing as I promised. I'll keep playing my guitar. But I'm going to go to med school, Abuelita. I'm going to make you all so proud," I say to her with a confident smile.

She smiles at me and lets out a surrendering breath, "Okay, Mi Amor."

❀❀❀

"Your Grandma's great."

Aiden has a grin on his face while driving us back to UCLA.

I have my head out the window, leaning it against my crossed arms. The cooling breeze is relaxing me, but not my hair that's being blown in every direction.