Chapter Seven: Circles

It's been one week since classes started and I'm once again sitting in my English class, realizing I haven't contacted Luke yet since I got the email

I'm actually relieved that out of all the people in this class, I got paired with someone I actually already know.

And Luke is great, but a bit quiet. I hope he'll be able to get more comfortable around me while working on the project.

I was waiting for class to start and decided to text Lexi. Things have luckily started turning around for her.

She's having constant sex with Mason. And I mean constant.

On Friday, I walked into the suite in a hurry, planning on grabbing my biology textbook and going to study for a couple hours.

I figured Lexi would be back since she was done with her classes for the day.

She was.

I opened the door and heard the breathy moans that filled the entire room and my eyes widened in surprise, attempting to cover my eyes before it was too late.

But it was.

Let's just say I saw a bit more of Mason than I ever wanted to see that day.

M: Any special guests this evening that I should be warned about?

L: Only between the hours of 8 - 9pm ;)

        L: I suggest finding something fun to do outside the room during that time...

I laugh at the text message, already knowing that it is exactly what I will have to do. I put my phone down and take out my laptop to take notes for class, which is about to start, as I get another text from Lexi.

            L: Unless you wanna join... I'm sure Mason wouldn't mind ;)

I laugh out loud at that, catching a few glances from my classmates. I awkwardly cough and crouch down into my seat before answering.

    M: Sounds tempting but I'm gonna have to go with the first option!

M: Maybe next time ;)

"Mariana?"

I look up from my crouched position to see Luke standing in front of me with a confused look.

Fuck. My double chin must be out.

I quickly sit myself upright in my seat and smile at him.

"Hey, Luke! I've been meaning to talk to you since we are partners for this project and all..." I explain awkwardly. I don't know Luke too well yet since he's so quiet.

And he's hot so I'm officially intimidated.

He sends me a small side smile before dropping his bag near my seat and throwing himself into the seat next to me.