Chapter Three: I Knew You Were Trouble

It's around nine when Ava finishes unpacking and organizing her room

She seems pretty great so far; she loves fashion and has almost every expensive brand known to man, she has absolutely no filter and says just about anything that comes to mind, and she loves to dance around in sing into her hairbrush like a basic bitch too.

I think we are all going to get along great.

I hear a ding come from Ava's phone in the corner and she rushes over to check what it was. "Guys, my brother said he's already at Sammy's with the boys, are you ready to go?" she asks us, looking up from her phone.

We have all already changed into something a bit more appropriate for our first college party.

Ava's wearing these very cute high waisted white shorts with a tan silk off the shoulder crop top, Lexi's in a beautiful tight fitted light blue dress she bought last year for our last homecoming, and I'm wearing high waisted mom jeans with a worn out and cropped Selena t-shirt and trusty white, well used to be white, high top converse.

We are ready to make this party our bitch!

It takes us about 10 minutes to walk over to Sammy's Diner from our dorm complex.

Walking in, you could see it was bursting with life. College students seemed to like this place since they were everywhere. The vibrant red and white color scheme of the diner gave a more retro vibe as well as the jukebox in the corner. I look around at the brightly lit diner and faintly hear Blinding Lights by The Weekend playing in the background, fitting.

Lexi and I follow Ava toward a booth on the right side of the diner. That's when I spot Mason along with another red-headed god-like human being.

What the hell kinda water are these kids drinking?

Ava puts on a mischievous smile as she glides into the booth.

"Hello dear brother," she smiles at Mason then shifts her eyes to the redhead who looks way tenser than before, "Lukey" she nods her head acknowledging him.

"Ava" he whispers, taking another sip of his chocolate milkshake while trying not to make eye contact.

Huh, cute.

Lex and I slip into the booth next to Ava, Lex first and me second, almost hanging off the end.

"Lexi, Mariana... This is Lucas Taylor, one of my brothers and I's best friend since childhood," she says, gesturing toward Lucas like she's presenting him proudly.

Ouch, friend-zoned.

He looks at us, still attached to the straw of his milkshake. He gives us a genuine but small smile to say hey.

"Where's the trouble maker?" Ava asks her brother, sounding a little less interested. Mason chuckles at her disinterest and crosses his arms on top of the booth table, shifting his head to the left of him.