Chapter Fourteen: Adore You

Don't kiss him, don't kiss him, don't kiss him

I really wanna kiss him right now.

Aiden's hand freezes behind my ear as he shifts his gaze from my eyes to my lips, then back up to my eyes.

My breathing becomes heavier from the change in atmosphere in the room.

I silently hope he pulls away and remembers the boundaries we had discussed for our friendship. Because I certainly wasn't thinking about that right now.

His hand moves from behind my ear, traveling down to the side of my neck before cupping it all together.

He starts to move me closer to him as he leans in and shakes his head slightly, "You gotta tell me to stop, Torres. Or I promise I won't be able to."

Fuck.

I'm trapped completely in his eyes that are sparking in anticipation.

I gulp down harshly at the tension boiling between us before, sadly, coming to my senses inches from his face.

I put a hand on his chest and stare at the hand there, "We can't," I breathe out, my voice strained from having to force the words out.

"Why not?"

I pull away from him, needing to breathe air that we weren't sharing and shake off his strained voice.

"If we're gonna be friends, we can't go around kissing each other whenever we want, Grey," I choke out while finally being able to put my guitar back into its case and closing it.

Aiden backs away with a tense jaw before letting out a deep sigh, "fine. I get it. But onto other matters," he drags out before looking back at me over his shoulder while his elbows lean against his thighs, "Why the hell are you not pursuing music?"

I let out a small chuckle and got up from the bed, making my way to my dresser to grab a few extra articles of clothing that I left behind and was missing, "It's just a hobby."

I hear Aiden scoff, "A hobby? That was way too good to be just a hobby," he says from behind me. I hear his footsteps come closer to me.

I look up from the drawer I'm absentmindedly shuffling through and look into the mirror to see Aiden looking down at me.

"You can't make money from playing guitar and singing like an amateur, Grey," I laugh at the thought of my actually attempting to play my music professionally.

Sounds like a homeless story waiting to happen.

"From what I just saw, you are not an amateur. Plus, who cares about money? I haven't seen you that happy in the last three weeks that I've known you. Which I know isn't a lot but still," he explains and grips onto my dresser to lean against it as he looks at me through the mirror now.