Chapter Twenty-Nine: Young & Alive

"Lex let's go! I wanna beat the traffic!"

We have somehow made it to winter break alive and well. Exams had taken up almost every waking minute of my life. It was an agonizing pain that I somehow believed I did well in. I studied for hours on end and consumed so many LifeSaver Mints that I probably will develop a sugar problem, but my method worked. The hard word and mints paid off and I battled my way through my exams.

Well, something else gave me the kick I needed to push through exams... or should I say, someone?

Aiden Grey gives me enough energy to get past four or five rounds... of finals. Heh, did you catch my drift there?

When I wasn't obsessively studying for finals, I was obsessing over him. Or rather, all the amazing tingling sensations that run through my body when I'm having sex with him.

That's something we both have been doing nonstop since the first time. I feel like Lexi and Mason.

It's like when I'm away from him for too long a dark ass cloud of sadness and frustration follows me around the entire time until I ultimately pick up the phone and call him. When I'm lucky, his cloud forces him to call me first.

The best part about being with Aiden was that there was never a boring moment. I don't think a person has ever made me laugh, and snort, as much as him. His incessant teasing and obnoxious pick-up lines are the highlights of my day.

Well, that and the sex.

Let's just say, Summer Rose was not exaggerating that day and I'm personally surprised that they even went for only three rounds because Aiden has the sex drive of a wild animal.

It's honestly concerning.

I think one of my favorite parts of being with him, besides all the mindblowing sex and crude humor, was when he would whisper in my ear 'Can you play for me now, Torres?' and stroke his thumb across my cheek, making me drop anything and everything, pick up my guitar, and play whatever the hell he wants me to.

To be honest, he is truly the reason why I play so often. Don't get me wrong, I love playing guitar and singing as often as humanly possible, but I feel like I continuously find myself putting it off and pushing the urge to the side. And he doesn't let me do that. He doesn't let me break my promise.

And I appreciate that more than he can even imagine.

But it sure as hell doesn't help the stupid butterflies.

"I don't wanna go, Marii," I hear Lexi whining from her bed, her body is curled up with her arms wrapped around her legs and a pout on her face. Lexi isn't a fan of the holidays.

That might be surprising since Lexi seems like she's a fan of... well everything, but this is different. She used to love Christmas, Thanksgiving, New Years, Easter, etc when she was a kid, but that all changed when she lost her Mom.