Chapter Fifty: Tell Me You Love Me

"What's wrong, babe?"

I twist my head to look at Summer's concerned expression beside me on the couch. God, I hate hearing that question so fucking much. Why does everyone seem to think that I want to talk about my feelings or some shit?

Do I look so depressed that even Summer looks genuinely worried? What the hell is wrong with me?

Mari.

I shake my head, take a sip of the beer in my cup, and glance around at the boisterous drunk college students littering my living room. The bass of whatever trap song was playing was shaking the ground and giving me a headache.

Well, it was either that or the alcohol... or maybe even Summer.

"Don't call me that," I clarify, even though I know it's purposeless since she won't ever stop. She will always believe deep down in her heart that I love her. But, there isn't even a sliver of me that feels that way anymore.

She'll always be important to me. She was a big part of my life, more specifically, my past. There is no way in hell this girl's my future.

There's only one girl I want in my future and she doesn't want me in her's.

I chug the rest of my beer before feeling Summer's slender fingers and long nails rest lightly on my arm, "A, you've been acting really crazy lately! I feel like you've been ignoring me!"

That's 'cause I have been.

I lick my lips and shrug innocently, "Well, I don't know what to tell you."

"Is this about that freshman girl?" she asks, the disgust clear in her voice. I can feel my stupid ass heart skip a beat just from Torres being referred to as 'freshman girl'. You don't even have to say her name for me to get all weird inside.

"No," I whisper unconvincingly. Summer isn't stupid, so I'm not surprised when she gives me a deadpan look and rolls her eyes.

"Look," she puts a bright smile on her face that used to have the power to make me melt like putty in her hands, "forget about her. You deserve better anyway..." she fusses with the fabric of my shirt innocently, "Like me?"

I narrow my eyes at her, "Summer. You cheated on me when we dated. What about that makes you think I deserve to be with you?" I ask slightly harsher than I wanted. But, fuck. It had to be said.

It's like she doesn't understand that there is no way I would get back together with someone who cheated on me. I may sleep with different girls and shit, well used to, but they all knew my intentions and made the choice for themselves.

Her eyes widened slightly, shocked that I would say that to her before she just laughed it off, "Aiden! That was like forever ago–"

"It was last year."