Chapter Fifty-Seven: Waves

~ Don't Rain On My Parade Glee Cast Version ~

~ Don't Rain On My Parade  ❀  Glee Cast Version ~

Holy shit.

Today is the day of my audition. The day that has been slowly approaching for months. The day that I thought would never come but also came way too fast. The day my life changes and I finally find out if I'm good enough to pursue this career from someone who isn't my boyfriend or best friend.

I flatten the t-shirt style maroon dress that clings to me in a flattering way before flowing out and stopping before reaching my knees. I wanted to wear something comfortable yet presentable. I didn't want to be overdressed or be dressed in my regular loose jean shorts.

"You look beautiful," Aiden whispers in my ear as I stare at him through the mirror of my room. He has his arms wrapped around me and his face cuddled into my neck, his nose trailing up and down with a small smile of satisfaction on his face.

I'm so happy he's here with me right now. Him holding me like this keeps me from running away from the audition. My overactive mind is under control when he's around holding me tightly against his chest.

His greenish-gray eyes lock with mine in the mirror and I smile at him.

"You're going to do amazing. I know you will," he says quietly yet firmly. I know he's trying to calm me down since he knows that even though I look fine, I'm freaking out on the inside.

I gulp harshly and nod my head, "Yeah," I choke out and hold onto his arms that are on my stomach, "As long as you're here, I think I'll be okay."

He kisses my cheek slowly before leaning his head against mine, "You don't need me to do this. You're strong enough to do it on your own, but I'm honored to be there just to watch you," he says and my heart flutters as his words and the amount of confidence he has in me.

Man, I love him so much.

I twist my head and kiss his lips, the familiar chocolate and mint taste calms me and also reminds me to grab the mini hershey I know is in his pocket.

I slowly reach into his front pocket to grab it and he starts to laugh, "Damn, Torres. I would love your hand wrapped around not-so-mini-me right now, but we have to go," he teases and I just give him a mocking look in return as I take the hershey out and unwrap it.

"You wish," I start to suck on the chocolate since I feel like it savors it more this way and Aiden's eyes darken as I do.

"You have got to stop eating chocolate like that or I'm going to have a constant boner," he groans as his face scrunches up. I laugh lightly and it gives him enough time to bite down on the chocolate in my hands.