Chapter Forty-Nine: Lost Without You

~ i love you  ❀  Billie Eilish ~

"How long is this going to last, Mari?" Lexi's hands lay firmly on her waist as she gave me a serious look while I squeezed into the skin-tight black shorts I decided to wear tonight

"Can I borrow that little white crop top you have?" I ask, ignoring her question that I know pertains to a certain curly-haired boy I rather not discuss.

"You hate that shirt. You always said it was way too tight to let the girls breathe." I walk past her to her closet and search for it myself.

"Well," I throw her a tight-lipped smile over my shoulder, "now I love it," I respond before passing a couple of more shirts until I reach the one I want. Smiling, I quickly strip off my gray t-shirt and pull on the top.

It really doesn't let the girls breathe, wow.

After a bit of struggling and readjusting, I stare at the outfit in the mirror and quickly apply the dark purple lipstick I have recently bought at CVS onto my lips. I see Lexi pinch the bridge of her nose before she gives me a worried look, "Mari," she starts and I already know where this conversation is going so I cut it off.

I stand straight again after checking the lipstick and walk towards my bed to slip on my converse, one of the only parts of my outfit that I'm actually comfortable in. The studs on the waistline of my black shorts dig into my stomach as I tie my shoes, "I'll be back later so don't wait up."

"Mari, where are you even going?" Lexi cries out as I lift myself from my bed and grab my phone before stuffing it in my pocket and walking towards the door of our dorm.

"To a party, silly," I bring my hand up to my mouth and send a kiss in Lexi's direction, "See you tomorrow, Babes!"

"Since when do you even say that?" I hear Lexi ask as I shut the door and rush down the hallway with a soft smile on my face.

I've been living this life now for about three weeks mainly as a distraction from the fact that my parents won't answer my calls anymore and I only see Aiden once in a blue moon from afar.

Not that I want to see him.

The one time I almost did, he came up with an excuse to not be home and even went to the extent of sleeping somewhere else for the night. I don't even want to think about where.

It has made it extremely awful and awkward for our friends since we can't even be in the same room as the other. And since the majority of my friends were his first, I decided to find other hobbies to occupy my time.

I've become a huge party person.

I've never minded them before, but now I have finally let myself divulge in the carefree life that I have always wanted. It's like I'm Aiden... well, Aiden pre-me...