Chapter Eleven: Just Friends

"Okay

"Okay. You have been pissy all day. What the fuck is up, Mari?"

Lexi tugs the covers that were keeping me warm and safe in bed away from me. I immediately let out a groan and reached for them again without lifting my head from my fluffy pillow.

I hear Lexi huff in anger from the end of my bed, "Mari, get the hell up it's already six in the afternoon. The gang wants to go have dinner at Sammy's and you are coming," she demands.

At that I push myself off my pillows and turn my face towards her, feeling my tangled brown hair sticking in every direction, "No. I don't want to."

I grab the covers from her hands quickly, catching her off guard, and throw it over my body returning to my previous cocoon.

I've been in bed all day and, to be honest, I don't even know why.

I just have no motivation to do anything.

And the slight hangover is not helping my mood.

Not to mention that I still don't have my guitar to help me escape the world for a little.

A small part of me feels like this is karma for being so harsh with Aiden.

I don't feel bad for yelling at him for grabbing my ass like that, but I do feel bad for completely shutting him down.

Like badly.

Some weird twisted part of me feels like I broke up with him or something, even though we were never even close to being together.

Ugh, that's annoying. I also sound crazy, so that doesn't help.

"Mari, I'm not letting you spend the entire night in your bed. I already let the day pass you by; What kind of friend would I be to let this go any further?"

"A foof ohhn" I muffled out, my mouth still pressed against the pillow.

"What??"

I lift my head, only slightly, "A good one." I mumble out more clearly this time before slamming my head back down.

Lexi gave me a stern look and I knew I poached the bear.

"Get the fuck up."

I practically jumped off the bed.

❀❀❀

Lexi's scary stern voice managed to force me out of bed, put on a blue sundress, a jean jacket, and walk to Sammy's diner with them to meet the group.

Which probably included Aiden.

A.k.a, the last person I wanted to see right now.

Walking into the diner behind a skipping Lex, proud that she was able to get me here, I spot Aiden right away.