Chapter Seventeen: Hurts Like Hell

"Chug! Chug! Chug!"

"Chug! Chug! Chug!"

I'm in battle right now.

Me vs. Mason. Shotgunning beer after beer.

I'm winning as of right now. I'm on my fourth beer while he's only on his third. First to five wins, and this bitch is competitive as shit.

"She's a fucking beast!!"

"Is she even human?"

"This is kinda hot..."

I hear the crowd that has formed around us letting out comments about the competition. Yes, I am a fucking beast. Human as human can be. And that's probably because Mason is shirtless!

I reach the end of my fifth beer and throw the can on the ground in celebration, letting out a big sigh of relief when I realize I won.

Mason looks up at me and stops chugging his third beer, "What in the hell, Mari?"

What can I say? The crazy competitive side takes over me when I'm challenged, and Mason decided to bark up that tree. It's his own fault.

I laugh at him and wave my arms around in celebration as the crowd continues to cheer me on, before leaning down and picking up our discarded beer cans.

Because only scum litters.

Mason starts pouting from his recent, and epic, loss before grabbing the volleyball on the sand by his foot, "Okay new game! Volleyball, We are team captions. You can have first pick." Mason puts the volleyball on his hip and gives me a confident smirk.

He's confident for someone who's gonna lose.

I jut out my hit, feeling slightly buzzed from the five beers that I drowned at such a fast pace. But I never back down from a challenge.

"Fine, I'll bite, Mas. I'll take Lexi," I smirk at him.

Lexi played Volleyball for all four years of high school and I'm hoping he doesn't already know that so it can throw him off during the game.

He doesn't seem phased as he makes his first pick, "Aiden."

Fine, take him.

Aiden walks over to Mas with an amused look on his face and Lexi skips over to me, a look of mischief and excitement on hers.

Guess volleyball hasn't been brought up during pillow talks yet, working to my advantage.

I smile at her before making my next pick, "Luke."

Ava gives me a look as if I just completely betrayed her trust; I give her a guilty smile.

I love that girl but she's a bit prissy at times so I don't know how good she'll do with a ball being thrown at her face.