Finding A Name: Hao Ting and Yu Xi Gu

8 MONTHS

Yu Xi Gu was ready to get this baby out of him, he was uncomfortable and his hips were starting to kill him at thirty five weeks pregnant. Besides all that, he was doing well, his black eye was gone and he had no damage to his eye. Hao Ting was good after getting his arm cast off, he still had a cast on his healing leg. He hated that he couldn't go back to work yet but was told his job would be ready for him when he got back. Hao Ting was hopeful that he would be back soon even if it was on limited duty. Yu Xi Gu could tell he missed the animals and his co-workers he had bonded with. They did go and see them as visitor when he got his cast off. Jumbo, Delilah and Lucky were thrilled to see him but were a bit upset that he was hurt and couldn't be with them like he normal was.

Though he was sad about his work, he was excited that they finally decided to really look for a name for their son. They had been talking about it after they found out what they were having but nothing serious. Now they were talking it seriously, they have had many arguments about certain names but it always ended with a let's try a different name. Yu Xi Gu wanted something that had to with astronomy and Hao Ting wanted something to do with animals but liked the astronomy theme too. They had been so into looking that they actually decided to take a break and go to an astronomy museum for a date.

"You ready?" Hao Ting asked.

"Yeah, let's go" he said before they left the house. Hao Ting helped him into the car before he got into the car. He drove to the museum and parked in the parking lot before they got out. Hao Ting took Yu Xi Gu's hand before they headed inside. They were exactly five minutes in before Hao Ting started talking about names.

"I mean Lion is a really good name, it's strong and cute." He said.

"We already talked about this and I vetoed it now can we just enjoy our last date for a while." Yu Xi Gu said.

"Fine" he sighed. Ten minutes later, Hao Ting was at it again.

"What about Lionel?" He asked. Yu Xi Gu gave him a look that said absolutely not and he shut up. As they continued through the museum, Yu Xi Gu found himself thinking about baby names as he looked over the names of stars and planets and constellations and mentally thought about if they were his kid's name. He came to the last constellations and looked at the name. It fit with what Hao Ting wanted to call him and what theme Yu Xi Gu wanted. He smiled and turned to Hao Ting.

"What about Leo?" He asked. "In Latin it means lion so that is something you like and it's part of astronomy so that's a win-win for both of us."

"Leo huh, it's cute and simple and I like that it means lion, Leo Xiang doesn't so to bad."

"It doesn't sound bad at all." Yu Xi Gu said. Hao Ting put a hand on Yu Xi Gu's belly before smiling.

"Can't wait to meet you Leo"

"Neither can your papa" Yu Xi Gu said.

I'm done with names!!! I'm so happy right now👏👏