74.

NICK P.O.V.: I looked at my phone for the fourth time in the afternoon and was surprised to have another message from Demi. I thought three was enough for one day. She had already sent me 24 messages in the last week, and of course I would've loved to text her back, but my goal was to make her feel my absence. And I was willing to risk all in it.

I opened her chat to read her messages and left her on read hoping to read another "Nick" as a message...but that wasn't what she had sent this time. It was a file.

Nick: what the hell is this? (I whispered before opening the document)

It was the lyrics of a song. I figured she was going to want an opinion on that so I started reading it.

"Put down your cigar and pick me up
Play me your guitar, that song I love
Thirsty for your love, fill up my cup
I've got only good intentions, so give me your attention..."

I frowned looking at the door in front of me. It's a song for me? What the hell? 

Just when I turned my eyes back to the screen, I heard three knocks on the door. That meant I had to go back to work. Shooting. I sighed and threw my phone to the couch before leaving my dressing room with my mind wondering what made Demi write a song about me...if it was about me.

DEMI P.O.V.: I groaned loudly as I rolled my eyes when I saw the "read" under the texts I sent Nick. I didn't even want to send him my song but he was frustrating me and I knew he would answer once he saw the lyrics. The truth is, I wrote that song about Nick three nights ago when he posted a photo smoking a cigar wearing a suit, that I happened to find the sexiest photo of him ever. I didn't plan on sending him something that could mean I had feelings for him, but I was craving his answer. And I hated to recognize it, but he was so right when he said I would come back to him...

I glanced at Batman, who was looking at me and shuggred.

Demi: why are you looking at me like that? I just sent him an innocent song (he titled his head and I sighed) okay okay, it's not that innocent...but I need him to answer to me. Your uncle is so fucking horrible. He should be texting me like, right now (I said glancing at my phone again)

He didn't reply. He never answered and that made me angry. I was done with him acting as a kid. I jumped out of bed and grabbed a bag where I saved some essential things for traveling.

Where the fuck are you going?

I dialed Joe's number and waited for him to answer as I walked downstairs.

Joe: hello?

Demi: Joe, it's me, Demi. I need your help. I'll go straight to the point...where's Nick at?

Joe: uh, he's in Hawaii (he said quietly and I sighed)

Demi: there's no fucking way! I'm never gonna get there (he chuckled)

Joe: kidding Dems, he's shooting some extra scenes for the movie in L.A....why?

Demi: I hate you. Can you send me the address please? I really need to see him. Like right now.

Joe: I'll send it your way but...you own me an explanation (I smiled and chuckled as I closed the door of my house)

Demi: maybe I'll give it to you. Whatever. Thanks. (I hang up on him and climbed into my car as I waited for the address) if the mountain doesn't come to Demi, Demi goes to the mountain (I whispered as I opened the address Joe sent me) there you go bitch

I drove to the location with anger boiling my blood and ready to scream at Nick but once I entered the set. I had to calm down.

Demi: hello, sorry. I'm Demi-

Jack: Lovato, I know. I'm Jack Black. Nice to meet you (I smiled slightly)

Demi: I know who you are too, nice to meet you. I'm here looking for-

Jack: Nick, right? (I frowned and nodded) oh, I know this is weird but...he's talked a lot about you to everyone here so, I figured you were here for him

Demi: yes, I am. Do you know where he's at?

Jack: yes. Come with me (I smiled and he guided me to Nick's dressing room. He knocked on the door and opened) Nick, you have a visitor. And a very special and beautiful visitor (I smiled listening to him but couldn't see Nick yet)

Nick: what? Who? (Jack opened the door and moved to a side leaving me right in front of Nick) Demi...I should've known (he whispered and Jack smiled at us)

Jack: I'm gonna leave you too alone. It was nice to meet you Demi

Demi: you too, thanks for everything (he smiled with a nod and left us alone)

Nick: umm, come in (I entered to the room and closed the door behind me) what are you doing here? I knew you'd come back crying to me...you always do

Demi: I'm not fucking crying. I'm tired of you ignoring the hell out of me. I've tried everything for you to talk to me and you never replied. I'm done Nick. I know I kinda fucked it up the last time we saw each other but I miss my best friend (he sighed and I groaned walking closer to him)

Nick: can we not do this here? If I didn't reply it was for a reason Demi

Demi: no, we can't! We will do this here. You've been fucking ignoring me for weeks and I'm tired of this back and forth. Why can't you fucking tell me what the fuck is going on? Cause I need you back! (Nick turned his back at me and I sighed) tell me what's going on. I sent you a goodamn song and exposed my ass in it and you still didn't answer to me. Wasn't the song enough for you? Do I have to beg for forgiveness, cause I swear- (he turned around quickly and pushed me to the wall grabbing me by my waist)

Nick: Demi...(he whispered on my lips) there's a reason I didn't text you back...it wasn't your pride. I just...

Demi: you what? (I whispered wrapping my arms around his neck)

Nick: I-

Knock. Knock. Knock.

Nick: damn (he moved backwards and I unwrapped his hands from his neck) I gotta go back to work

Demi: no. You can't keep running away from me (I said grabbing his wrist and he glanced at me with a slight smile on his lips)

Nick: I'm not running away, just wait for me and we'll talk in my house. Can you?

Demi: sure (I whispered smiling slightly and he nodded before leaving the dressing room as I bit my lip watching him leave)