10.

DEMI P.O.V.: it hurt me again cause I really have been missing him.

Demi: well, you know? I accepted you didn't want to talk with me but that wasn't how I thought you'd welcome me

Nick: what do you want Demi? (I sighed)

Demi: maybe why you've been ignoring me since Joe left? Or why you seem to hate me now? I don't know, whatever you can explain to me, it would be okay (I crossed my arms on my chest and he shrugged not looking at me)

Nick: I don't have to explain anything to you

Demi: can you tell me what I did wrong at least? (He glanced at me confused) cause I wanna change it and maybe that way I'm gonna have my best friend back

Nick: it's not about you, so chill

Demi: it seems like you don't care anymore but I remember how excited you were that we would tour together. Can you at least tell me that? (He rolled his eyes)

Nick: I need time away from you

Demi: am I suffocating you? Is that what it is?

Nick: we don't have to have this conversation...can you leave already? The show will start in some minutes

Demi: Nick...this is not fair, I'm just asking you what I did wrong so I can get you back! And you just don't fucking care! (I yelled at him with tears in my eyes and he walked closer to me)

Nick: I-

Demi: you what? (I asked weakly)

Nick: I can't have this talk with you, and I'm sorry but I just can't

Demi: well, you're a so horrible person. I thought we were best friends

Nick: I never said we aren't (he said angrily at me and I shrugged)

Demi: but you don't care about me anymore, you don't even love me like you used to cause I've never, in my whole life, seen you make that face whenever I walk into a room! (I wanted to cry so hard that I was seeing blurry already. But I didn't wanna look as a charity case to him)

Nick: Demi- (he titled his head moving in an impulse to to touch my arm but he ran his hand through his head instead, glancing to the floor) please leave

Demi: you really are telling me to leave?

Nick: yes, that's exactly what I said. So please (he opened the door and I chuckled angrily watching him)

Demi: just don't come at me later saying you're sorry cause I won't be there anymore (that's the last thing I said to him before making my way to where Marissa was. I hugged her and she, surprised, held me tightly)

Marissa: hey, what happened?

Demi: Nick doesn't care about me anymore. I think we're not friends anymore

Marissa: what? That's not possible Demi

Demi: he probably hates me and I don't even know why (I felt a tear rolling down my cheek and he squeezed my hand)

Marissa: you have a concert now, but we can talk later about this...okay? (I nodded and sipped on my bottle of water)

That night, when we sang "Close" together, it was awful, people knew it cause we were disconnected and I clearly was sad. That's why it surprised me when we hugged each other before he left the stage and it lasted longer than usual, it wasn't for me, I didn't want to touch him anymore...but it seemed like he didn't want to let me go.