66.

DEMI P.O.V.: I was sitting on Nick's bed when he entered the room in pajama pants and no shirt on. I unconsciously bit my lip at the sight of him and shook my head as I realized how attracted I was to Nick.

Nick: I'm ready to sleep now, I think (he said and laughed)

Demi: go to bed, please? You must rest...tomorrow we gotta give another show (he got into the bed and covered his body with the sheets as the bus began to move)

Nick: Demi...what's wrong with you? (I frowned and shrugged)

Demi: what do you mean? Nothing's wrong with me

Nick: yes, something's wrong...you aren't looking at me like you always do (he said reaching out to take my hand but I moved it away quickly) you see? You are mad at me, right?

Demi: something like that, I suppose...we aren't at our best, I think you don't remember it but you need to know it to understand my reactions.

Nick: what happened to us then? I know that I haven't been the best person lately, but everything has been part of a game...I don't really want to hurt you, I'm sorry if that's what I did (I sighed and laid in front of him under the sheets)

Demi: sometimes I miss you. I mean...the friendship we had before the tour

Nick: do you think it's too late to have it again? (I bit my lip and shook my head)

Demi: I don't know, but I hope we're still on time because I miss you so much

Nick: can I hug you? (He asked me with a funny smile and I chuckled)

Demi: You can always hug me. Why couldn't you now?

Nick: I don't know, maybe it bothers you that I don't have a shirt on. Sorry I'm wasted tonight...I feel like I'm a teenager again

Demi: come here (I said and we hugged each other firmly and softly at the same time) I don't want us to go drift apart...I really don't want that, please Nick

Nick: that won't happen again Dem

Demi: you promise me that tomorrow morning you won't have forgotten this conversation? (I looked him in the eye a few inches away and he nodded)

Nick: even if I forgot this talk...I'll always know that you are my best friend in the whole world (I smiled and he put his hand on my chin, pulling me closer to him) I want to kiss you

Only God knows how much I wanted that kiss and many more. But it wasn't the right time, I didn't want Nick to just want to kiss me when he was drunk...it wasn't fair to me.

Demi: no, we can't kiss Nick.

Nick: why not? (He asked confused and I sat on the bed)

Demi: I better sleep in a bunk

Nick: Demi, don't leave like this (I turned to look at him from the door and smiled at him with a lump in my throat)

Demi: don't worry, I'll be here when you wake up and...we can talk better then (he sighed and I turned off the light in his room) sleep well (was the last thing I said to him before closing the bedroom door)

I fell asleep fast after getting into the bunk. I was very sleepy and didn't want to keep thinking about Nick. The next morning, I woke up at 8:45 am to my alarm going off.

We are probably about to arrive in Calgary by now.

I got out of the bunk and went to the bus bathroom to get ready before making coffee for me and Nick. Once the coffee was ready, I made cheese toast and sat down to have breakfast in silence. I heard a growl coming from Nick's room and smiled unconsciously.

He's still alive.

After a few minutes, he appeared in the small dining room still without a shirt on and with the face that he had had a wild night.

Nick: oh, good morning...I didn't remember you were here

Demi: good morning, I made coffee and toast...you must eat Nick, after all the alcohol you had last night, you need to fill your stomach (he nodded and sat next to me)

Nick: what happened last night? We...had sex? (I shook my head and he frowned)

Demi: you got drunk after breaking up with Cherry. John decided it was time for you to learn that you should be more grateful with the team...that's why they left you alone in the club.

Nick: I don't remember that

Demi: of course you don't remember it. When I found you, you were asleep at the bar

Nick: shit, I'm sorry if I caused you any problems

Demi: no, don't worry...Dave covered my back while I made sure you got to the bus safely (he smiled at me)

Nick: thank you very much, I didn't think you wanted to stay with me after the horrible things I told you yesterday...I'm so sorry Demi, you didn't deserve that

Demi: no need to talk about it, we already did it last night after you took a cold water shower...although I think you don't remember (we both laughed and he shook his head)

Nick: did you see me naked in the shower? (I blushed a little at his question but managed to smile anyway with an arrogant grimace)

Demi: something like that, you asked me to take a shower with you...and then you tried to kiss me. So it's better if we don't question anything that happened last night

Nick: didn't you kiss me? (He asked surprised and I playfully hit him on the arm, making us both laugh)

Demi: no, Nick. We didn't kiss, I don't think it was something you really wanted to do...you were drunk

Nick: well, maybe if I wanted to (he said looking into my eyes and I felt my stomach twist)

Demi: well I-

Nick: nevermind, that's not what matters (I nodded and we both started walking on the bus cleaning the table) hey, and Luke?

Demi: umm Luke...well, that's a funny story actually

Nick: what story?

Demi: last night I told him that our relationship had no future and that it was better to stop meeting and talking

Nick: you mean...there's nothing going on between you? (I shook my head and he smiled slightly) well, now you're free to go after Bomba

Demi: actually, I'm not that much interested in him (Nick raised his eyebrows and I smiled)

Nick: so...we are both single now?

Demi: it seems like it, yea

Nick: cool (he said and we both laughed before he bit her lip) give me a hug?

Demi: of course (I said and we hugged for a few minutes that felt like seconds)

In his arms I felt safe. It was always like that.

Nick: I missed you, Dem

Demi: me too (we separated from the hug and heard the bus slowing down) I think we arrived

Nick: will you sing "Close" with me tonight? (I laughed and shook my head)

Demi: I don't think Phil will let us do it. Maybe at the next show

Nick: yeah, we really shouldn't have asked him for that...now it's going to be a pain in the ass to get him allow us sing together again

Demi: I'm sure we'll convince him

Nick: of course (he said with a wink and turned to go to his room to get dressed. I bit my lip looking at the floor and at that moment I knew it was already done)

I have feelings for Nick. A lot of feelings.