62.

DEMI P.O.V.: I felt Joe's lips close to my ear as he whispered.

Joe: tell me...you know that I won't say anything to anyone (I nodded slightly and wiped my tears after letting go of his hug)

Demi: can we talk when we leave the stadium?

Joe: of course (he said with a soft smile and caressed my head with both hands) you aren't having a good time, are you?

Demi: not really (I whispered and we heard people approaching us, so we both pretended that nothing had happened)

The show ended a few minutes later and we returned to the hotel. We were having dinner when I got a text from Luke.

Luke ~ how are you beautiful? I want to see you 💔

I didn't reply to his message. I didn't know what to say, so I decided not to say anything.

Joe: is tonight still up? (Joe asked me and Nick looked at us instantly)

Demi: of course, yes (I answered with a smile feeling grateful to have someone to talk to about everything that was happening to me)

Joe: great (he said with a wink)

NICK P.O.V.: Things with Joe on the tour weren't the best. The two of us hadn't talked much before the show, then Dave had told me that he and Demi had been very cozy. "He had both his hands on her head and was caressing it, I didn't know they were dating again." At first, I doubted it was true that they were dating, but now they got closer and closer and...what the hell was this "about tonight" thing? Will they get together to have sex or something?

I sighed and Cherry looked at me alarmed. I had even forgotten that I had a girlfriend.

Cherry: is everything alright love?

Nick: yes, excellent...why do you ask?

Cherry: I don't know, I notice you a little far from me

Nick: well, I was distracted just a few minutes, that's all

Cherry: you haven't even touched your food Nick, are you sure you're okay?

Nick: of course- (I heard Demi's laugh echo in the room and my brother chuckling too)

Demi: you're so stupid (she said to Joe, still laughing)

Sure, he's always so funny to her. He makes her laugh like no one else in the world. I rolled my eyes and stood up from my seat.

Cherry: where are you going?

Nick: wait (I said and cleared my throat calling the attention of the whole team) I think I've been putting off something that there is no longer any point in hiding or trying to avoid. A few weeks ago I started dating a very beautiful girl (I said looking at Cherry and she smiled blushing) today I want to introduce her to all of you as my girlfriend (I said taking her hand and she stood up while everyone cheered)

Well...everyone except Joe and Demi. I held Demi's gaze for a few seconds and saw her shake her head almost imperceptibly before swallowing hard. I raised my eyebrows at her and she shrugged with her face as if she didn't care about anything I was doing.

Things were hopeless now, I was now tied to this game, which from then, was reality. I grabbed Cherry firmly by the waist and we kissed a few minutes while everyone celebrated around us. When we parted, I looked to my right and saw Joe and Demi walking towards the elevator as they talked friendly. To say that I was jealous was an understatement. I had never wanted to get rid of my brother so badly.

DEMI P.O.V.: As I entered my room, I burst into tears again and Joe hugged me as we sat up in bed.

Demi: I'm sorry, I don't want you to look at me like I'm a fool for crying like this for something that doesn't even make sense (I said wiping my tears away and he stroked my head again)

Joe: Demi, I don't care what the reason for your crying is, it's not silly...it never is, and it always makes sense (I nodded slightly and he took my hand). Do you want to tell me what's going on in your little head? I'm worried about seeing you that way

Demi: I know that Nick told you we had sex, although I don't know if he told you that we started having casual sex from time to time (from the way his eyes opened, I realized that he was just knowing it in that moment, from me)

Joe: what do you say?

Demi: I know it sounds a little crazy, this coming from the two of us...that we always said to be nothing more than friends and even siblings (I said laughing)

Joe: you're still doing it? Behind Cherry's back?

Demi: no, I would never do that to another girl, Joe...you know me

Joe: yes, it's true. So when was that?

Demi: officially we stopped doing it when we almost got caught, Nick wanted us to stop doing it not to risk our fame and success

Joe: you didn't want to stop doing it, did you? (I shrugged my shoulders)

Demi: I think I liked how I felt when we were together...in that way

Joe: And is that what made you feel so bad? (I shook my head)

Demi: it's not the fact that I don't have more sex with him...it's just that...he got over me so fast Joe. We didn't even have a relationship but...I was hoping it would take him a little longer before he'd start dating another girl.

Joe: how long was the time difference between you and Cherry?

Demi: it was like...one day (I said and started to sob again)

Joe: Nick can be very stupid when he sets his mind to it (I nodded in tears and he caressed my hand) I'm sorry that my brother made you feel that way...you deserve another treat. Do you have feelings for Nick?

I didn't want to tell Joe the whole truth. I was scared to admit something I knew was happening because once I did, there would be no going back. But Joe is one of my best friends, and this was the only valid moment to be completely raw and honest about what was really going on between Nick and me.

I took a deep breath and sighed before biting my lip. It was the moment of truth and I wasn't ready to say it out loud, but I had to.

Demi: I miss him, Joe. I don't miss the number of times we had sex, I miss the passion he put into it. I don't miss his body, I miss the way he made me feel beautiful, he made me love my body

Joe: does that mean you love him?

Demi: I don't know if I love him, it's hard to know that...we've never been more than friends...but I'm more than sure that at some point, I stepped on the stick and fell into his trap. I don't see him as my friend anymore, and that's why I hate seeing him with Cherry...I can't bear to see the way he looks at her, it's not fair to me. Every night I go to sleep thinking about Nick.

Joe: but, aren't you dating Luke?

Demi: I must do it to try to forget Nick, don't you think? (Joe wrapped his arm around my shoulder and kissed my head)

Joe: do you want my advice? (I nodded) say it. Tell Nick everything you feel

Demi: I don't want to lose the friendship we have

Joe: aren't you losing it anyway? (I sighed and nodded) You lose nothing by trying

Joe was right, things between Nick and I were already bad...we were hardly friends anymore and my confession could only make it better or worse.

But I'm not ready to lose him. I'd rather have a small part of him than to screw it up and lose my Nick completely.

Demi: now, let's forget about me...you didn't tell me about Sophie, how's everything going there?

Joe: you know, I may sound crazy or dumb but...I think, like for real, that she's the one (I smiled watching him and nodded grabbing his hand)

Demi: that's awesome, I'm super happy for you

Joe: thanks, now...tell my brother what you feel...maybe we could all end up going on double dates (we chuckled and I sighed nodding)

Demi: we'll see about that. And by the way, thank you for being such an amazing friend to me

Joe: anytime Dems (he said and I knew he meant it)