I laughed at her words. Her next message made me smile at her care.

'You had something after your meeting?' She asked me.

'No just ordered a cup of tea which will be received in two minutes!' I replied smiling.

'Have something along with tea. I know you wouldn't had something properly from morning.' She replied and I understood her worry.

I am so happy to see her care.

'My caring wifey... I am not hungry now. Will have something for sure when I feel hungry. Don't worry!' I texted her trying to assure her that I will have something later.

'Ok! But make sure you have something.' She texted showing her worry and concern.

'Pakka! Promise!' Now she will be relieved as I promised her.

Then we started talking something or other.

****

Finally the day has come. We are going to shopping in the afternoon. I am excited to meet her. Two days felt like two years for me.

"Laksh please don't be late atleast today!" Ma said requesting me not to get late.

"Don't worry Anu he won't. He is more desperate to meet her. You think he will afford to be late?" Papa spoke looking at me teasingly.

Ma laughed at me. I acted ignoring them because if I give them heed then I will be their entertainment now. I took my last morsel and got up from the chair.

"Bye ma and papa. Will meet in the afternoon. Papa have medicines and take rest. Tomorrow you need to be in office. So rest properly today." I said him strictly.

I moved out of the house and got into the car. I spoke to her during the journey for sometime. I reached office and was about to enter into the office when there is a sound. I moved towards that side but something hit me. I looked at my hand which pained and got shocked to see blood oozing from my hand. Ram, my bodyguard, immediately ran towards the side where he found a bullet came from while Lakshman the other bodyguard moved towards the bullet which is on the floor. Prit who just entered inside saw me and ran to me calling Jiju. I am holding my hand in pain. I don't understand what's that person's problem is. Man come to me and solve your problem. Let me live in peace.

"Jiju come here and sit." He said being worried and made me sit in the chair that is there.

"Lakshman call the doctor." Said Prit to Lakshman who came there taking the buttlet that touch me on his hand kerchief.

Lakshman nodded and immediately took his phone while Prit tied his hand kerchief to my hand trying to prevent the blood loss.

"Jiju let's go inside. It's not safe here." He said looking around worried.

I nodded and moved inside along with him. We reached my cabin and I sat there. Soon Ronak came into my cabin.

"Again! I swear if I find that person I myself will kill him!" He said punching his hand to the wall angrily.

There is a knock on the door. I asked the person to come in and Lakshman entered along with doctor. Doctor treated my wound. He gave an injection for the reduction of pain and some medicines. He went and Ram entered inside with Commissioner uncle.

"Uncle make sure papa and ma doesn't get to know please." I requested him once he completed asking questions about the incident.

"I know Laksh! But media are already present outside. They are making it news." He said being worried as he knows about papa.