{43}

Chapter {43}

Emrys Belle:

I sat there, a hand holding his and the other placed on my ever-growing stomach.

He still hasn't woken up and we are coming up to almost a month now. A whole month.

His vitals are stable, he still has brain activity which is good but he still can't breathe on his own nor can he get out of this coma.

"Aj came home from school today. He got a gold star for good behaviour and he shared a car today!" I said with enthusiasm talking about our boy.

But then my smile faltered a little remembering the drawing that Aj had brought back home today.

"He misses you, he drew you a picture. Of all of us together, with you awake." my smile dropped. I put his hand down and looked through my bag to get the drawing out.

I stood up and pinned it on the wall where the rest of Aj's drawing were alongside those of Damon's nephews. Everyone is worried sick and are hoping for him to wake up. I need him to wake up.

I sat back down in my seat, the same seat I sit in every day for three hours after my night shift. I swapped from day shifts to night shifts so that I can sleep during the day when Aj is at school. I'm there to put him to bed and play for a little before I head into work then finish my shift then spend time with Damon before starting all over again.

I know he didn't want me to work while I was pregnant but I need to keep busy if not I worry and stress over him and that's no good either. If I can still work I will do it, even if I'm sat at my desk filling in paperwork. And it also puts my mind at ease knowing that I'm not too far from Damon if ever something happens, I'm there are I can react if needed if he doesn't make it I can say goodbye.

I put his hand back on my stomach, moving it to find where the baby was as it was moving about making me smile. His hand was on the side of my stomach when I felt a sharp pinch.

The baby just kicked for the first time.

Damon's touch got the baby to kick and it made me burst into tears.

I tried keeping the sobs in but seeing him lying there in bed, unconscious, not being able to react to this special moment, his first baby kick.

The sound of the door opening caught my attention, hastily wiping my tears away.

"Oh, Emrys honey." Everleigh sighed coming to my side giving me a hug.

"What did I say about you needing to go home to rest. You can't take care of him, the baby and Aj without taking care of yourself first." Everleigh scold in a gentle manner.

"I'm sorry, I can't help it. The baby just kicked." I revealed, my hand still firmly holding Damon's where the baby was still kicking.

Everleigh took his hand away to feel herself but the baby stopped losing their father's touch. I saw Everleigh give a slight frown and place her son's hand back on my stomach making he cry again as the baby started kicking like a footballer.

"Oh, honey." She sighed again, holding me against her chest.

"Let's get you home to rest and feed you. I'm making a roast dinner."

I just nodded but I didn't want to move, I didn't have the willpower to leave him behind.

Everleigh took Damon's hand away, cleared the little hairs away from his eyes like any other would do to their child then she focused herself back on me.

"Come darling."

She helped me slip my coat on, picked my bag up and walked me back to her car.