"I think you need a hug first mommy." his voice called out.

I let a tear fall from my cheek that I quickly wiped away. I bent down to pick him up and hold him in my arms and gave him a give squeeze.

"Thank you baby. I love you." I whispered in his ear and gave him a kiss on the side of his head before putting him back down.

I followed the nurse to a different corridor. You know it's funny that I feel like I have never been down these corridors but I have, I walk these wards everyday I work.

The nurse opened the door letting me be greeted with the sight of the man I love.

I rushed to his side and held his hand in mine softly running my thumb over his scarred knuckles.

"Hey Damon. What the hell did you get yourself into this time?" I sighed and shook my head.

His head was wrapped in gauze, he was breathing on his own which was a good sign and his vitals were good putting my mind at ease. I saw his eyes twitch a little and my hand being squeezed by his drawing my attention back to him.

"Sunshine." he croaked out.

"Damon, hey baby. How's your head?" I questioned straight away standing up to get him a glass of water.

He greedily drank most of it placing the cup back into my hands so that I could place it on the side.

"My head is killing me but aside from that I'm happy to be alive and have you by my side." he gave me his signature half smile and reached out for my hand again.

"Let me see what painkillers they gave you and then up the dose if it still hurts. I'll just check on your bandages and look at –" I mumbled on but got cut off my Damon holding my hand back stopping me from standing up fully and walking around his room.

"Just let me look at you, my beautiful girl carrying my beautiful baby girl." he spoke up a little twinkle in his eyes.

"Damon, it might not be a girl. We won't find out until a couple weeks." I smiled holding back a laugh at how sure he was that we were having a girl.

"Sunshine, I know. A father's intuition is never wrong and you are carrying my little princess so I want you to take care of yourself and let someone else take care of me and my medical issues. You need to rest." he tugged at my hand trying to get me to sit back down.

"Just let me look at your charts then I promise I will sit down. But I will take care of you even if you won't let me. This is a two way street, I take care of you and you of me." I concluded, letting go of his hand to look at his chart.

I had my back turned for two seconds. Two seconds was all it was to make my world crash down around me once more. Those two seconds I was turned I heard him say something about his nose bleeding before the sound of him struggling for breath come to my ears followed then his machines going off.

"Damon!" I yelled seeing him go into shock.

I checked his pulse and saw his bp go down ever so quickly. He was grabbing at his throat, scratching at his chest.

"Hang on Damon. I need to intubate you to help you breathe okay?" I explained trying to get all the elements I needed from around the room.

But as I was digging through the draws for the tube his line went flat.

"He's crashing! Get me a crash cart, NOW!" I ran to the door and yelled out to the medical staff around.

I started CPR on Damon, rebel tears running down my cheeks.