she loses the ring - part two

You spent the majority of the day trying to find the ring. You looked everywhere and retraced all of Demi's steps, and still - nothing.

Demi sat on the couch and ran her hand through her hair for what seemed like the hundredth time that day. "Demi? Baby?" She was trying to keep it all together but she couldn't rid herself of the guilt that she felt.

"I just wanted to make this special for you. I wanted you to have a Christmas like never before, one you'd never forget." You stroked her cheek before planting a soft kiss to it. "Demi I would never forget this day anyways. I don't care that you lost the ring. I'm just happy you asked me to marry you. But we'll find it. I know we will." Demi gave you a small smile before kissing your cheek.

"Hey, did we check under the couch?" Demi shook her head and lifted up the cushions and even though you hoped it would be under there, it wasn't. Demi sighed and kicked her foot back, accidentally pushing it under the small crack and that's when you saw her frown.

"What?" She mumbled under her breath and bent down on the floor. She felt around for a moment for what she thought she had felt just a few seconds ago. She gasped when she felt the ring in between her fingers.

She got up but instantly got back down on one knee for you. "I don't know how the hell it got under there, it must've fallen out of the box last night, but all that matters is that I found it. I wanna do this the proper way, even though you already said yes." you both giggled through your tears. "I love you to the moon and back, princess. I wanna spend the rest of my life loving you. Will you marry me?"

You were crying all over again. You got down on your knees and kissed her. "Of course I will. I love you." Demi smiled and slid the ring on your finger before pulling you in for a hug. "Merry Christmas baby girl." You kissed her cheek and smiled, her brown eyes sparkling from how happy she was. "Merry Christmas baby."

It truly was the best Christmas ever.