Warren's Wedding Part. 2

"She's so beautiful." The woman lowered her gun, looking at Warren. "My baby's getting married?" I wandered back over to my drink as Warren turned to face the zuggalo, who stomped in annoyance.
"Mom!" Then Sarge too, had lost her weapon.

"What kind of son are you? I gave you everything. I gave you life. Breast fed you till you were five, and this is how you treat me?!" She snapped, leading Sarge away. We all avoided eye contact with the awkward situation. "But, Ma, we were just messin' around. We were gonna come get you down. Besides, you were being a total bitch." He argued, as Sarge was pushed between 10k and Doc.
"That's zombie shit an you know it. I coulda died out there on the wheel."
"You know, we saved her," Doc reminded.
"Shut up!" The two shouted in unison.
"This here is my family, and don't you forget it. Just cause you call yourself King, don't make it real, yo." She snapped at her son.
"It's my right! You never let me do anything. I'm tired of you telling me what to do."
"You're the Center of my universe! What are you talking about?"
"You were never there for me!"

"You know, I think I know what's going on here." I finally paid attention upon hearing Murphy's voice. "Me and my youngest daughter, we had the same discussion. What you two need to do is..."
"Shut up!" Once again they shouted in sync, and Murphy was shocked.
"It's what daddy would've wanted." The self proclaimed 'Zuggalo King' argued again.
"You don't know what Daddy would've wanted. Do right by your mamma, that's what Daddy would've wanted." His mom stated.
"Then let's ask him!"
"All right, Fine." Murphy rolled his eyes at the two as they argued, then his eyes met mine. "Put that drink down, please." He begged.
"Sorry Papa, no can do." I gave him a small smile, turning my attention back to the arguing family.

"Daddy. Daddy, are you awake?" The Zuggalo walked over to a cupboard, before bringing out a zombie in a wheelchair. He was roped up, and suffering. "Here you go, Daddy. Got some new friends for you to meet." I sat up in my seat, watching the Z closely.
"You were gonna get married without inviting either one of us?" His mom questioned.
"It happened kinda fast. We decided to elope." Warren just shrugged, backing up his point. The zombie let out a small growl. "Hey, baby. How are you doin?" She turned, leaning down to him. "You miss your sugar momma? You miss.." as she reached forwards, I connected with him, smirking as he tried to bite her. My whole group looked at me, but I just acted innocent, shrugging to them. "All right, get on with it!" She stood up, and the Zuggalo looked at the Z.
"Daddy, Tell Momma I'm ready to run the clan." He said.
"Dumbass! You know he can only answer yes or no questions. He'll grunt for yes, and nothing for no." As they spoke, I heard his voice in my head.
"Make them stop." The Zuggalo spun the chair, leaning down.
"Am I ready to run the clan?" He asked, "am I ready to become King Clown?" The zombie grunted, but only I could hear the word "please." Over and over again, he begged and it filled my ears, the alcohol running through my system adding to the confusion, until finally, it was too much.

The pair began to fight, the mom jumping on his back and clawing at his eyes. He threw her off into a table, smashing everything on it. They flung each other around, bashing Murphy free in the process, but the Zuggalo grabbed the chain, holding Murphy back as he faced his mom. "Touch me again like that, Boy, and you'll meet Zombie Jesus." She threatened.
"I hate you!" He shouted, before slamming her head down on the metal. Murphy reached forwards, desperately grabbing the control switch and twisting it, shocking them both.

"Stop trying to kill your mom!" He demanded, turning it off again. "You know, it's hard being a parent these days!"
"She tried to kill me!" The zuggalo argued.
"Yeah! Well, you know she obviously cares about you. She's conflicted! Did you ever think of that? You know, I've been a selfish prick my whole life. But then I met that amazing girl over there, and then my youngest was born, and suddenly I wanted something for someone else. By the time I figured that out it was too late. My little girl is gone, and my other is hurting to the point where nobody can get through to her. But you two, you still have each other!" I looked up to the sky, closing my eyes as I begged to hear Lucy's voice in my head. Nothing came. "I need you, please!" My pleading wasn't answered. When I opened my eyes again, the room was filled with Mad Zs, and I looked over to their dad in the wheelchair.

"This is bad, even for us." Murphy spoke up.
"Time do GTFO!" Warren replied, I just sat there, listening to those growling. "Jordan!" Then 10k was beside me, grabbing my hand, hauling me up and out.
"No! We have to go back for him! I have to help him!" I tried to fight, but it was no use as he dragged me towards the group. "Get off of me!" I demanded, but another set of hands joined and Murphy dragged me backwards. Soon, we were moving north, but all I could do was stare at the moving grass. Eventually, it all became too much and I broke.

I stood up, not caring that the truck was moving, and I jumped out, running into the grass. Tears blurred my vision and before I knew it I was on the floor, having tripped over a rotting plank of wood. "Fuck!" I let out a loud, frustrated shout, before giving up and laying down. I could hear my name being called from the group, and I could hear them getting closer with heavy, worried footsteps. I felt the grass move beside me, and found Murphy sitting down, joining me in watching the sky.

"She's up there, I know they both are." He was the first to speak. I didn't move, I just continued to stare at the clouds going by. "I don't know how to make this better, but you know I'll always be around, okay?" At his promise, I couldn't help but shake my head.
"Dad, how many close calls have we had? You can't promise that, Lucy died to stop you from dying!" The words flowed out before I could stop them, and my stomach was instantly flooded with guilt. "Dad, I didn't..."
"No, no, it's okay. You're upset, I get it." He looked down, sniffing a little. "Do you want us to stop for the night? Or anyone else to come over?" He asked, standing up. I shrugged, watching him walk away. The whole group were watching me now, all of them ready to move, and I knew, all of them ready to support me if I needed it. Yet, none of them were brave enough, even Murphy was now sat back in the back of the truck. "Just go, all of you get to Newmerica, I survived long enough whilst keeping Lucy safe, I will be okay." I spoke to Murphy and Warren, hoping they'd go. Warren was the one to reply.
"We're not going anywhere and you know it, we can wait." And so, I stood up, turning away and slowly walking. Not a sound followed, but then fast footsteps, someone running.

I turned and found 10k making his way over to me, so I moved away faster. When he reached for me, I tried my best to pull away, but he fought harder, wrapping his arms tighter and tighter until I finally gave in, sobbing into his embrace. "I want her back, Tommy,
I just want to see my sister again." I whispered, slowly wrapping my arms around him too.
"I know, we all do, but I promise you she wouldn't want this. You know it too. Lucy would want you to be happy." As he spoke, I began to pull back, looking up and meeting his eyes.
"How do I keep going?" I asked, needing him to tell me.
"I'm going to be honest with you, I always am. This will be hard, but there's something you need to do..." I cut him off with wide eyes as my best friend appeared in my mind.
"Find Addy. Oh my god, she doesn't know. How will I tell her? How can I say I failed?"
"You didn't fail, Jordan. You fought and in the end you lost, but Lucy knew what she was fighting for too, and she won. Trust me, when the time comes, you'll know what to say." As a small silence came over us, I found myself forgetting everything that had happened whilst we were apart. Instead, I leaned up on my toes and kissed him, my arms going around his neck as he kissed back and pulled me close. "I love you." I whispered, taking his hand as he smiled.
"I love you, too. Come on." He led me back over to the group, and instead of asking questions, they all wrapped their arms around me.

Warren was the first, and the others followed behind in one big group. When we sepearated, they looked to me for what to do. "North. To Newmerica, to Addy." The final words were a whisper, but Warren heard and nodded, kissing my head.
"You want me to sit in the back with you?" 10k asked, taking my hand again. I looked over at Warren and Murphy, who sat in silence in the trailer. "No, I have something I need to do." We shared another quick kiss, before, I moved to Murphy, sitting beside him.

"She was right." I spoke up.
"Who?" He questioned, this time he was the one who didn't look up.
"Lucy. I need you, Dad. I know it's hard, and I know I don't make it any easier, for that I am sorry." I was about to go sit with Warren, but he looked up.
"Come here, Icicle." Murphy's hand pulled me back, and I laughed as I let out a little scream, his hand scuffing up my hair. "No more cutting each other out, deal?" I held a hand out, and he shook it. Then a mischievous smile spread across his face. "What?" I questioned, raising my brow and staring at him.
"You and the kid." I looked away. "Yeah, we all saw. Do it in front of me again and I'll have his head."
"Oh, shut up. If you wanted him dead you would've done it back in your 'all mighty messiah' phase." I mocked, lightly shoving him.
"We don't speak of that, and I'll leave you guys to it." He proposed.
"Deal." I nodded, before leaning back on the side, sharing a warm smile with Warren.

I knew it wouldn't be easy to go on without Lucy, but I knew that I'd get through it with these guys by my side...