No Mercy

Season 3 - Episode 1

I remained still between Murphy and Cassandra, listening for any sign of Zs. "Hey guys, look what I found." 10k said walking back, with a kid. Warren shushed him.
"Puppies and Kittens." The kid broke free from 10k's hold as he readied his sniper towards the many zombies coming our way. The group took instantly to killing them as the boy hid under a nearby tree, I stuck by Lucy. "How is she?" I asked as we stood behind a rock, Cassandra tearing out the throat of a nearby Z. "Well..." He didn't have to answer as she started to cry, I took out my knife and killed the closest zombie, I had to fight through the pain, for Lucy. The rest of the group shot the Zs, and we were alone again. "You okay?" 10k asked, placing a hand on my cheek.
"Yeah, I'm all good. I'm fine. What happened to that kid?" Just as I said this, the boy came back over to the group.
"Where'd this come from?" Murphy asked, Cassandra examining him.
"Get away from him. I found him."10k snapped, stepping between the pair. I nodded to Cassandra, who obeyed. "Was anybody with him?" Addy asked.
"He said something about a doctor." 10k replied, the kid perked up.

"The Man gonna kill them." He cried.
"What?" Addy questioned, all of us equally confused.
"He's gonna kill them. You kill man!" The boy ordered, pointing to all of us.
"Oh, no, no, no. We no kill man. We on mission. Scram, kid." Murphy shooed, earning a perfect replica of a crow caw.
"Did he just? He just caw at you?" I asked, looking between Murphy and the boy.
"Murphy, get Lucy some water. Can you get this one some too? You thirsty sweetheart?" Warren asked, getting Doc to hand him a drink. He tapped it to his mouth.
"Poor kid doesn't even know how to drink out of a cup." Doc sighed as the cup was thrown away.
"Must've been four or five when all this started. Apocalypse is all he knows. Where's your mama and your papa?" Warren asked, I started to play with my hair.
"Just sister." The boy informed.
"Okay, is she with the others? The ones that are in trouble?" She asked.
"Yes! The man will kill them if the doctor won't talk to them." He explained.
"Doctor? Who's this doctor?" Addy chipped in.
"Did I mention that we are on a mission?" Murphy asked.
"Yeah. We got Lucy to think about too." Doc agreed.
"Yeah, but we can't just let some man kill a whole bunch of people." Addy argued.
"Sure we can, we do it all the time!" Murphy correctly stated, but I still felt unsure.
"I vote we help the kid." 10k spoke up.
"As much as it pains me to say it, blue face is right. We're on a mission...Okay, we don't know what we'd be walking into. And we can't take a chance like that." Warren stated.
"So what are we gonna do, just leave him?" Addy questioned.
"Can we talk about this?" 10k pleaded.
"Come on guys, he's what, 8? We gotta hel..." I didn't finish as he stole 10k's sniper and took off, 10k in pursuit.
"Jordan, don't you dare..." Murphy looked at me, but I shook my head and followed, the group close behind.

My run turned to a sprint as I saw 10k getting attacked by the boy, and a girl who looked our age. "Hey!" I shouted charging into her, knocking her back into Warren, who held her back as Doc took hold of the boy. "You alright?" I asked, helping 10k up, hugging him.
"Everybody just chill out!" Warren ordered hugging the kid as the girl glared. "Nobody's gonna get hurt, nobody's gonna get mercied. We're just gonna talk, okay?" Warren stared at me, gripping my knife.
"Depends.."
"Jordan, do what she says for once." Murphy told me.
"Dad..."
"Ah, no. Shush." I rolled my eyes and let go of the knife, taking 10k's hand instead.

"You wanna tell me what this child is so afraid of?" Warren looked back at the attacker.
"There's a man, going around with a list of names looking for people. One of the names is a scientist hiding among the survivors we're with. Doctor Teller." She explained.
"Well what does this Man want with the people on the list?" I questioned.
"Nobody knows, they disappear." She replied, glaring at me.
"So where's The Man now?" Warren asked, the girl shrugged.
"I dunno. Said he was coming back in the morning. If this Teller guy wasn't waiting for him, he would kill my brother. Then all the rest of us, one by one, till he finds the doctor. How'd you get away?" She turned her attention to her little brother, he cawed a response, hitting his hands.