Explanations

I continued running, the pain and regret fuelling my stamina, pushing my legs to go faster and faster until I came to the road. I couldn't feel Murphy anymore, the weak connection we had was distant, long gone and then some. Once again I had no one, but maybe this was meant to be it for me, I was meant to be alone. I looked up at the sky, this was it, my true calling. To roam the face of the earth, to survive, both a human and zombie.

--2 days later-- Season 1 - Episode 7-- Welcome to the Fu-Bar--

I wandered along the road it was officially 3 and a half years into the apocalypse. I was whistling a tune that I learnt when I was 13, a year before the end of the world. It was 'Pompeii by Bastille'. Right now it felt fitting after all the walls were literally 'tumbling down' on every building. I stopped whistling abruptly when I saw the familiar truck, and the wonder twins speeding away on a motorbike.  I debated turning around, but what good would that do? Maybe if I ran past they wouldn't recognise me, it wouldn't hurt to try through the fields. I looked around for another option before running out into the grass and forwards, frantically running before anyone saw me.

Then I heard shouting and footsteps getting closer, they were heavy, desperate as the person ran after me. "Go away!" I shouted continuing to run, not daring to turn for fear of tripping over. But I couldn't keep going, I hadn't stopped moving for days and I was running out of fuel, I struggled as I was tackled to the ground. "Get off me!" I growled, but as I turned around I saw 10k panting. 
"Not this time, not again." He said, walking to the front of me, meaning I could run back to the group or try and get past him, either way, the chances of being alone were minimal. "Fine, what do you want?" I asked, as he handed me water. I gulped some down before handing the half empty bottle back. "Now you need to explain what's going on Jordan. I've been worried sick the past couple of days! I even missed a shot this morning, so you start talking or I drag you back over there with no excuse as to why you're blue." I honestly felt threatened by this side of 10k. It was angry, threatening, powerful, and that reminded me of my mother. "Get Murphy, I can't explain without him here." 10k looked at me doubtfully, "take my knife, you know that I never leave it behind." I said, handing over the precious metal, before watching him walk away, head in my hands. What had I gotten myself into?

Soon he returned and Murphy pulled me into a hug. "God kid? Why so blue?" He joked but I couldn't laugh, not this time.
"I don't know, but we need to tell 10k everything." I replied and he nodded, understanding perfectly.
"Sit down kid, this is important. You need to keep this a secret, promise?" Murphy said as 10k handed me my knife back.
"I promise," he looked at Murphy.
"Not to me, to her," he corrected and 10k took my hand.
"I promise you, Jordan. If I tell a soul you can take my rifle and call me dead." I nodded, before locking my eyes onto his.
"I was bitten and cured like Murphy. Except I was given it a few months earlier, at least that's what we figured out. It was my mother, she knew...people. That's really how I lost my finger, I've known how to use a knife since I was five. And my arm, well...that's best to show you." Murphy nodded at me, leaning closer so my arm was out of sight as I rolled up my sleeve.

"I'm sorry." Were the only words I heard from 10k, "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have ignored you like that, made you feel wrong for who you are. I won't tell the group, not until you're ready." I took his hand and he pulled me up, Murphy stepping away. I was so close to 10k, it felt unnatural, something new, a feeling I'd never felt before. I leant in and before I knew it I was touching his lips with mine, and he was kissing me back. "Tommy." He whispered and I looked at him confused. "My real name is Thomas." I smiled, before taking his hand and following him back to the group.

"Wooh. Look out 10k's been busy. You go kid!" Doc cheered as we walked back over and Cassandra watched me concerned. "Why are you blue?" She asked.
"I...um."
"Vitamin deficiency." Murphy quickly replied, and I looked over Cassandra's shoulder towards him, impressed. "It's something I've always struggled with, I guess this is just it for me now. I mean it's not like I've had the proper food over the last three and a half Z." I added onto the lie, and Doc patted my shoulder.
"Well, it's good to have you back. Maybe 10k here will cheer up too!" He teased, and I laughed before leaning on the car as 10k disappeared underneath. "Was that the wonder twins driving off?" I asked, Cassandra nodded.
"Gone to scout ahead." She explained, and I looked into the car where Warren sat, before walking over.