The Murphy

Season 2 - Episode 1

"Let's get shopping." Murphy smirked as we pulled up to a shop a week later. He whistled to some nearby Zs and they followed us in. I felt like I was back where I started, shopping with zombies. Except this time I sat out, too upset for shopping. At least until clothes were thrown at me, "put this on, I read somewhere pre-z that new clothes always cheer a girl up." Murphy smiled at me, before I stepped into the changing room. But before I could change I heard 4 gunshots and a crash. "Murphy?" I whispered, walking out, following the sounds of the crashing. I ducked low, worried that what, or whoever attacked, was still here.

That's when I saw it. My dad, on top of Murphy who lay on the ground. He must've followed us, stowed away in the van. Murphy was fighting against the blade, that was being pressed closer and closer. I couldn't let it happen, I couldn't see another parent die.. "Get off my dad!" I screamed, sprinting forwards and pulling out my knife and stabbing my ex-father. Again, and again, and again until finally he fell limp and Murphy rolled him off.

I dropped my knife, backing into the corner. "Jordan? Are you ok?" I didn't reply, instead I stared at my dad. His corpse slowly becoming animated, as he turned. "Jordan." Murphy slowly moved closer, I stared him in the eyes. He stopped, "stay here. I'm going to change, can't wear these anymore." I spoke up, smiling. I felt free, like all I needed to do was kill him, the final thing holding me back from my real family.

I stepped inside the small, curtained off room and picked up the clothes, putting them on instantly. Murphy, had style. He picked out a tartan skirt, partially fishnet jumper which said worst behaviour, and also covered my bites, and paired them with some tights and black army boots. I then noticed underneath everything was a small jar of nail polish and some makeup. I shrugged before applying it all and walking out.

"You like it?" Murphy asked raising his eyebrow

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

"You like it?" Murphy asked raising his eyebrow.
"You have style, dad." He smiled, before hugging me.
"Thank you. And if adoption papers were a thing I'd sign them, but for now...just know you're a Murphy." My mouth formed into the biggest grin I'd ever had.
"What are you hiding behind your back?" I asked noticing his look.
"Well...I know you weren't happy we left the group and 10k, but I found some leather gloves. I know he would wear them. A hunch you know?" I hugged him once more, before slipping into the gloves.
"These cant pass as gloves. More like leather hand wraps...but I love them." I said, laughing as he put on his hat, and 3 more zombies entered. "Come along, Miss Murphy." He said with a smile, which faded.

"Hello friends."

"Friends?" Murphy asked, looking confused as we turned around, finding a new stranger standing before us.
"Doing a little shopping, huh?" He asked.
"Presidents Day Sale." Murphy mumbled.
"These zombies of yours are pretty tame." The stranger said.
"They're not our zombies, we would never own a...Can we help you, friend?" I asked, now suspicious. He pulled his gun, "you can start by stepping aside." We turned instantly, as he put a shotgun cap in each of the new Zs heads.
"What the hell did you do that for?" Murphy snapped as we turned back around.
"You guys Murphy and Jordan?"
"Nope." We shook our heads as he pulled a voice recorder.