RoZwell Part.2

"All right, what now?" Warren asked as we walked into the small room.
"We wait." Bernadette replied, taking a seat. Doc's face suddenly lit up and Addy burst out laughing as he ran over to a machine. "Hope springs eternal, huh Doc?" Addy smiled.
"Cigarettes, cigarettes, cigarettes, gum, cigarettes." He read out.
"Try the gum." Bernadette suggested.
"Anybody got any quarters?" Doc asked, turning to us. Just as I stepped away from the door, it slammed, causing me to leap forwards into 10k, who then pushed Murphy, then Vasquez, and Warren. "The gum is free." Bernadette told Doc as we all recovered, taking places around the room.
"It's the apocalypse. Everything's free." Doc reminded, before he set to work with a crowbar.

"That's weird." We all turned our attention to Addy, who lifted a cup which was instantly pulled back to a tray.
"Is that magnetic?" Vasquez asked.
"Try the gum." Bernadette demanded. I just inched into the chair where Murphy was slouched, he moved his legs and I perched infront of them. "I don't want to be in here, dad."
"Well, we don't have much of a choice. Sorry Icicle."
"All right, well I'm trying to quit anyway." Doc sighed, then Bernadette clipped on a seatbelt. Addy then found that the table was screwed into the floor. "Doc, no!" Warren shouted, but he had already pulled the nozzle.

Blinds shot down over the windows, and the room started to shake. "Earthquake!" Murphy shouted, grabbing me and pulling me into his chest for protection.
"FUCK!" I cursed, getting a tap from Murphy.
"No, it's an elevator, look!" Warren gestured to the other window. "You knew this was gonna happen!" She shouted at Bernadette.
"You wanted to come along!" She replied.
"How come she has a seatbelt?!" Murphy questioned.
"Because she's the leader of the bloody cult!" I responded as the lights went out. I heard glass shatter over the screams, then Doc say, "damn vending machine!" Next thing I knew he was crashing into us, I felt pain shoot up my leg, and we all landed in a heap on the floor.

"We're here." Bernadette chimed, smiling.
"What the hell kind of acid trip, fun house elevator ride was that?" Doc mumbled as he stood. Warren helped up Murphy, and 10k grabbed me, then, as I tried to stand I fell again. "Steady. Are you okay?" He asked, pulling me up again, so more pressure was on him.
"I think I twisted my ankle." I complained as I moved it slightly in pain.
"Alright, come on...Murphy." Murphy nodded at him as he took my arm, helping me hobble along so 10k could be ready with his gun.

We walked out into a dimly lit corridor, and to nobody's surprise, the door shut behind us. "Guess we're not going back that way." Addy sighed.
"Well, kid. Your uncle was right about the secret base part." Doc said to 10k.
"I'm telling you, it's all true." He replied. Murphy leant me on the wall before walking forwards.
"Are we sure we want to do this? I mean, Jordan's already got a sprained ankle." He asked Warren.
"He's got a point. It's not worth the risk." Vasquez agreed.
"I'm sorry about her. I would never have kept the secret if I knew someone so...special, would be hurt." Bernadette apologised.
"Don't you start woman!" I growled.
"Look, Bernadette, you're lucky it wasn't worse, let's just say the visitors wouldn't have their human friend." Murphy threatened.
"Enough. Tell me you don't want to know what's down here," Warren cut in. Then I felt it, and so did Murphy as he stepped forwards, holding a hand towards 10k to get him closer to me. "I don't want to know what's down here." He muttered.
"Tommy." I whispered, he knew that I rarely used his real name unless there's trouble. He stepped back, placing a kiss on my head, before standing in front of me, protectively.

Then we heard the sounds. "It's them. Those are the voices. They're here."
"Bernadette!" Warren shouted after her as she ran ahead. Murphy quickly ran back, putting my arm over his shoulder, as we ran after. "It's okay! They know me!" Bernadette called back at us. Then she vanished.

"Get ready for anything." Warren told us as we entered another room.
"They're here. Just like they said." Bernadette smiled, "aren't they beautiful." And as we walked in further, we saw it, hunched over on the floor, almost purring. I didn't like this, I started to roll my ankle slightly, finding I had healed, damn z blood. "It's alright..somehow. It doesn't hurt." I let Murphy know as I leant back off of him.
"Well I'll be dammed." Warren said, shining her torch, "just like my dad said." It started to stand, and I backed away. Warren aimed her gun, "they won't hurt us." Bernadette cried, stopping her. But that thing wasn't alive.