Murphy's Law

Season 1 - Episode 12

Before I knew it we had left Utah, and arrived in South Park, Colorado. I was laying in the boot alone, whilst everyone else took seats. I was constantly thinking about Murphy, if he would shed his skin like I did and whether he could control the Z's with me.

"Do you think we'll ever see them again?" Cassandra spoke up.
"Mack and Addy? My heart says yes. But my mind? My mind says no." Warren replied from the drivers seat.
"I was kinda hoping they'd make it with us to the promise land." Doc sighed. I groaned as we came to a stop, the road was completely blocked. "I hate roadblocks." 10k complained like a little kid, making me and Cassandra look to each other with a laugh. "Can't you just push that thing out of our way?" Murphy questioned, leaning to look out at the limo.
"No thanks. I'd like to hold onto this truck" Warren replied, referring to the many we had lost along the way.

Instead, she just took us off road. "Well this golf course has seen better days." Doc stated as we drove in.
"This is so sad. I learnt to play in prison. Always wondered what its be like to hang out with the real country club types." The three of us in the back looked at Murphy, clearly I wasn't the only one surprised.
"Think that bridge can hold this truck?" Doc asked looking at Warren beside him.
"Better test it first," she replied, all of us climbing out, walking towards it. "Looks pretty solid," Warren stated and I laughed at Doc, who bounced.

"Hello, Delta X-ray. Citizen Z calling all cars, calling all cars." Came the voice over the radio.
"Delta X-ray back at you." Warren replied.
"Hello, good to hear from you again. It's been days and I worry." He said.
"Thanks, mom." Warren responded, "any news on Mack or Addy?"
"No, nothing yet...maybe they're just of the grid and can't make contact. How's Murphy?" As soon as he asked, Murphy snatched the radio.
"Murphy is pissed. Where the hell is that lab you keep talking about? And have you found that witch doctor that almost killed me? Doctor Merch?" He questioned walking back a little.
"I'm still working on that." Came the reply.
"And you call yourself the NSA? Quit looking at porn and find that quack! We got business to settle!" Murphy yelled into the device. I had to hide my laugher as I took the radio and handed it to Warren, hearing a mutter, "such a nice guy."

"Murphy shut it!" I whisper yelled as Z's came out from the woods. I hovered to the back, to make it less obvious that they weren't after me. The group started to shoot, "2455" 10k muttered. I stood by Murphy as the group ran to the club house, but he lead me off. "No! They'll find out!" I yelled, watching as he started to pick up clubs and collecting some golf balls.
"Relax! They won't care." He said putting on a blazer.
"Really? You're just gonna..." He hit a ball, "yep, you are." I sighed, climbing onto the roof of the nearby car.
"You see how far that went!" He looked up at me.
"Yup." I rolled my eyes and he frowned, scoffing at my action.
"Oh, lighten up Jordan. Get down here." He put out his lip and I laughed, remaining still. He hit another one. "Oh! Kid out of nowhere. Final holes of the Open Championship at historic Saint Andrews, home of golf. " I smiled as he ranted on, before jumping down and picking up my own club. "I'm gonna kick your ass." I challenged, trying to look confident.
"You've never played before have you?"
"No. No I haven't." He chuckled, but I placed a ball down anyway.
"He's gonna hit a knock down seven." Murphy swung and I did the same, our balls landing together on the same Z. "Oh! He got all of that!" Murphy shouted looking to me.
"Sorry! Didn't see you there!" I shouted afterwards, embracing the moment of joy, a rare occasion in the new world. "Come on, I've got some explaining to do." I reminded, and he nodded, whistling as he lead me back to the clubhouse.

Three newcomers and the group stared at us. "What?" Murphy snapped.
"Little risky don't you think?" The guy at the front asked.
"No. The Zs love us." Murphy replied as we stopped walking.
"Who the hell are you guys?" I asked, noticing 10k's confused look.
"Brett Zimmerman. This is Henry and Janice." He replied.
"Roberta warren. This is Doc, 10k, Cassandra, and the fools golfing with the zombies, are Murphy and Jordan." Warren replied. Murphy smiled, pointing his club at Warren.
"You're just jealous cuz they like us more than you." He grinned. I walked over and hugged 10k, Brett went to grill with Henry.
"You're not bothered they saw you?" He whispered and I shrugged.
"I guess I'm ready." My voice shook slightly, great confidence. Before questions could be asked, food was served and we all headed inside for a drink.