Party With The Zeros

Season 2 - Episode 12

We found ourselves just outside of Mexico, the border, a wall. Murphy was still struggling as Doc helped him run alongside us, Zs were everywhere. Addy then ran to help Doc with Murphy, I came up to them and nodded, if any Zs got near, I'd send them off. "Spread out!" Warren ordered as we split up, 10k and Vasquez running off. We ran inside a building.

"Addy." I pointed to the first room, she nodded, killing the zombie.
"Clear." Warren walked up to the window and helped out Vasquez, before leading us on.
"Doc, let me help." I demanded, taking one of Murphy's arms. We kept on running until we reached the huge wall. "This really the border?" 10k asked.
"About 2000 miles of it. No way around." Vasquez replied.
"Shit. No way over." Addy added.
"No way back. Here comes the goon squad." Doc cut in.
"Ammo?" Warren asked.
"About half a clip." Vasquez replied.
"Three," came Addy's response next.
"Four and three in my pocket." I picked up a nearby gear, handing it to 10k, "four," he corrected.
"Don't look at me," was all Doc said, holstering his gun.
"One." Warren sighed, "save your ammo."

I walked forwards holding out my hand. But it was too much alone. "Murphy. Hey, get up! If you are the zombie messiah, now the time for a miracle. Help your daughter!" Warren snapped, he staggered forwards beside me and I took his hand. "I've got you dad, I promise." I said, feeling how weak he still was. It was up to me. "We can't hold them much longer!" I warned just as Murphy collapsed. I stopped what I was doing and knelt down, then rockets were fired. We heard a whistle and a familiar face appeared, "down here!"
"You said it was time for a miracle." Doc said to Warren.
"Hey do you wanna die?" He shouted again, Warren sighed before leading us all down.

As we reached the bottom of the ladder, we were surrounded by guns. "In the name of La Reina de las Muertos, Queen of the Zeros Cartel, I strongly suggest you lower your weapons." Escorpion said.
"Like the Z weed zeros?" Murphy spoke up.
"That would be us." Murphy smiled.
"Then I believe, you are looking for me, and my daughter. We are The Murphy's." He stated, taking my hand as we stepped forwards.
"These two are our prisoners." Warren snapped, "that CDC bounty is ours. If you try to take them away from us I will blow their brains out." My head snapped to Warren, she wouldn't. "Murphy's ain't worth a damn thing if they're dead. Now back off!" Warren shouted.
"Just want to make sure they're the real Murphy's." Escorpion told her.
"You wanna see the scars?" We asked.
"I do."
"Not until you lower your weapons." Warren cut in again, he glanced back, "put them down."

All weapons except our groups were lowered, and we took off our jackets. Murphy took of his top and I rolled up my sleeve, my missing finger was the clearest mark there. "It is true then. If you lower your weapons, you have my word you'll be safe. Look, if I wanted you dead, we would have left you out with the zombies." He reminded, "but La Reina is looking for you. She will give you the reward." Murphy turned to look at Warren, "remember the mission." He whispered. Our group lowered their weapons and off we went.

"What is that smell?" Addy questioned as we walked along the corridor.
"The future. We've found out a way to pay for the new world. We no longer have enemies. We have resources." Escorpion explained, there were zombies in that thing.
"So you just leave your resources down here to rot?" Warren asked.
"We let them compost. Composting creates heat. Heat creates energy."
"Zombies for fuel. Clever." Doc complimented, I sighed staring at the trap. They were caged like animals, it wasn't right. "Come on." Warren said to me and Murphy, who had stayed beside me. We continued walking until we reached a door. "What's this?" Warren asked.
"The future." Was the reply and we walked out.

It was a large grass area with buildings dotted around and paths leading everywhere. I was too busy looking around to pay attention to the others, I only jogged to catch up when 10k reappeared to get me. "What? Oh sorry. Enjoying the peace." I sighed.
"Well we're meeting this Queen of the dead woman, so hurry up." He told me, and I laughed following him to the others.