Sisters Of Mercy

Season 1 - Episode 11

After finally getting ahold of Citizen Z he directed us through underground tunnels and towards what would supposedly be supplies. We turned a corner when we spotted flashlights and people walking upstairs. "Hold it right there!" Warren ordered as the light was shone in our faces.
"Oh, it's the damn wonder twins." Murphy spoke up and we all dropped our weapons.
"Guys...Hey!" Addy instantly gave Warren a hug, and I high fived her as she walked to Doc.
"Never, I mean never, ever, in a million years, truly did I ever think I'd see you guys again." He said hugging Mack.
"Citizen Z send you guys?" Mack asked.
"Yeah. He told us there was food and somebody named Chester who could help us out." Cassandra replied.
"He told us that too, we're starting to have our doubts." Mack informed.
"Okay, well he should be, you know what, right down there. Let's hit it." Warren said, leading us towards the meet up point.
"You alright?." I asked Cassandra as me and 10k put her arms around our shoulders.
"Yeah, damn barb wire." She whispered back, hobbling along with us. We soon stopped and Warren knocked on a door.

"Hello!" Warren called, and Addy walked towards the corpse.
"Well I guess we found Chester...Hello Chester." And with that she swung her bat, over and over whilst we stood watching. I guess too scared to face her. "Somebody got up on the wrong side of the apocalypse." Murphy mumbled looking sideways to our friend.
"Chester. You got them yet? You got my team?" We walked towards the familiar voice coming from the other room. Inside was a screen and a table with a single chair.

"Hey, hey, hey! Up here! It's your old pal, Citizen Z. Oh it's everyone, hi everyone, hi!" Citizen Z waved out of excitement as we all huddled into the room, me and Murphy hanging back. "Addy, looking gorgeous as always.." Mack glared at the screen and I held in a laugh. "Oh, hey uh, you must be Mack. Huh, kinda thought you'd be taller."
"Kinda thought you'd be old enough to shave." Mack shot back.
"Hey Murphy, and girl who I don't know, squeeze in so I can see you guys." He said, causing Doc to move out of the way, revealing us. I gulped, he was clever, surely he'd see I'm just the same as Murphy...10k nudged me forwards and I shot him a warning glance to which he avoided "it's Jordan." I informed.
"Oh, hey. Uh looking good, both of you.." He nervously laughed and I leant back, one foot against the wall, arms crossed.

"So guess what? I've got good news. California's back. They're alive and online, well most of them. But they're getting ready for you and the dream is alive, the mission is a go thanks to yours truly. That's good news right?" He asked, seeing no response from any of us.
"Good news would be a packet of Oreos and a couple gallons of milk." Just as 10k said this, my stomach growled slightly.
"Oh, oh yeah. Right, sorry. Down the same hall, next door on your left. Should be everything you need. I can't tell you how good it is to see you all again." Citizen Z leant back and I was already towards the door.
"Yeah. Good to see you too, kid." Doc waved, before following me out, along with the rest of the group.

No sooner than we had arrived, we were back into a truck and on the road. Only this time with supplies...

10k and I stood up through the roof hatch, being the smallest of the group, we kind of had no choice. "There." I whispered.
"10 o clock!" 10k tapped the roof causing us to slow down slightly. Addy climbed out and went to give the kid mercy, after a slight freeze, snap and a stomp back into the car, we were off again. "You ever worry that could be us?" I asked, looking at him.
"Of course, but I know you'll be safe anyway. So why bother myself day to day, worrying for someone who is perfectly capable of caring for herself?" He replied, a few seconds later we spotted an actual kid who was alive.

Warren climbed out, "you okay?" She asked the boy.
"A little thirsty is all," he replied.
"Of course, hold on." Warren looked to me and I launched the bottle her way. "Here you go champ." She smiled, handing the kid the bottle, he happily drank some.
"Thanks ma'am." He nodded.
"You can call me Roberta. What's your name?" She asked.
"It's Sam." The kid was silent, shook up, but if I weren't cured and was alone, I would be too.
"Sam. Does your mum know you're out here all by yourself?" Warren asked, he nodded.
"I'm going to Salt Lake City to see my dad." Warren shook her head.
"That's not a good idea."
"Yes it is, I'm old enough now. I finally get to meet my dad." I felt 10k tense beside me and I stopped listening to the conversation.
"Alright, I'm here." I whispered placing my head on his, getting a smile. I heard the door go as the kid climbed in, leading us to his home, where hopefully we could have a longer rest.