Welcome to Murphytown

Season 3- Episode 7
A/N: Thanks so much for 10k reads

Upon my arrival, I spotted Murphy at his 'command room' window, where he always stood to get a good look at the people, or rather Blends, below. He didn't see me, but as soon as I walked up to the gate, the blends moved aside, lowering their heads, and letting me past. I walked up the familiar steps, turning into the room and clearing my throat. Silence fell.

"Leave us," Murphy ordered, and I moved aside for the blends to leave.
"Dad." I looked at him, a blank stare.
"And where have you been?" Murphy questioned, turning back to me. "Wait, let me rephrase, who did you find?"
"Dad, please, just don't start another argument. I...I didn't find him." I slowly allowed some tears to fall, blocking Murphy from my thoughts so he didn't see through my lie. "You're lying."
"Dad, stop. I can't deal with your shit right now!" I raised my voice, and he did just what I needed, he dropped his defense. His face softened, and he rushed over, pulling me into a hug. "I'm sorry, Icicle. I'm so sorry. When Rick told me he was dead, I didn't think he was really gone, but if you can't find him...I don't think anyone will." He whispered the last part, kissing my head and squeezing me tight.
"I know, I know. But it still hurts...I just know he'd want me to keep fighting, please help me to keep fighting." I begged, looking up and wiping my eyes.
"I promise, in fact, we're preparing for the fight right now," Murphy stated, referring to Warren. If only he knew.

"Mr. Murphy, the new recruit you wanted to see is here," Wesson announced, before spotting me. "Welcome home Mini Murphy."
"Thanks, Wess." I smiled, although it faded once we followed Wesson out to the new recruit. It was a familiar face, The Man. "Don't react, he can't know we remember him." I glared sideways at Murphy, getting a disapproving look. "He could be here for one of us, so shut up and deal with it!"
"Fine, but if he threatens us in any way it's a dead future for him." I gave in, turning back to The Man.

"This is Emile Hunter. Private Security." Wesson introduced.
"Oh, we know The Man. We go way back." Murphy replied, giving him a dirty look. Of course, he wanted me to act clueless, but his ego couldn't let the fact we beat him go unremembered. "Did you really think I wouldn't notice you?"
"I must admit, I am pretty hard to miss." The Man smirked, taking off his beanie. Next thing I knew, The Man was seized by Murphy's mental orders. "Mr. Murphy, want me to deal with this?" Wesson asked. Just then, a ball came bouncing out, and I stopped it, handing it to Murphy. Cassidy came running out, and seeing me, smiled with excitement. "Hey, lil princess." I smiled, giving her a quick high five. Murphy handed her the ball.
"Here you go honey, go play outside." He said, getting Wesson to take her away from the, possibly, dangerous situation.

"Remove your jacket." Murphy demanded, looking back at The Man. He did as told, and Murphy decided to poke at his 'cure', or as I liked to say, Murphy mark. He then proceeded to sit at his homemade throne, looking beside it I found another. Just great, could you imagine? 'Hello there, I'm princess Jordan. Welcome to hell.'
"Get over here." Murphy cut off my thought, and I sauntered over, sitting in my throne.

"So," Murphy began, "are we on your list?" He asked. I sighed, like hell he'd tell us.
"I don't work for those people anymore. I'm just a private citizen who wants to help. And judging by these fools, you could use a man with my very particular set of skills." I rolled my eyes, Murphy just stared. "You don't believe me?"
"No, asshole, I don't." I said, "what gave it away?"
"What can I do to prove myself? Test me." The Man dropped to his knee, and Murphy gave in.
"All right." Murphy walked over, before whispering in his ear something inaudible. However, the next thing I knew, The Man shot up, and our guard was dropped to his knees, head flipped open and brains on show. "What the hell!" I started towards him, but Murphy held out a hand, signaling it was okay.
"Well, you may prove useful after all."
"Okay, I'm going to play with Cassidy." I hugged Murphy, "if you need anything, just call." I whispered, before kissing his cheek and walking away. On my way past, I made sure to shove The Man.