Zombie Baby Daddy

Season 2 - Episode 6

---Springfield, Illinois---
We were surrounded by zombies, all coming for Lucy. 10k stood atop the car, slingshot firing gears, and I stuck by Cassandra. Protecting Lucy was the only thing on my mind. Vasquez and Warren were back to back, Doc and Addy going solo with bats, except Doc's was far more disappointing than Addy's signature weapon. As the zombies gained distance towards us, Cassandra started to push them away, Murphy threw up his hand. They froze, but within seconds they were moving again.

"Doc!" Murphy shouted, and before I knew it Lucy was flying through the air and into his arms. "What did I just do?" Murphy panicked slightly.
"She'll be fine, Doc would sooner die than let the Z's get to her." I reassured, before running around and picking up various gears, used or not. Then I ran towards 10k and jumped on the roof with him. "Restock." I said, and he turned slightly, allowing me to place them in the small pocket he had.
"Get me out of here!" My head snapped towards the bus.
"Lucy." I whispered, before charging through the zombies and helping to pry the doors open.

"What in the hell?" Warren muttered as zombies in top hats appeared.
"Good, you see them too." Doc turned around. "Addy! Hot potato." He threw Lucy over to her, but she was soon passed to Warren. I pulled out my knife and stabbed a nearby zombie, a low growl coming from my throat as I did. Ever since the camp, and the whole head popping incident, I had been a little more zombie than I cared to admit. "Warren, give her to me. You shoot." I said, rushing over and taking Lucy out of her arms. She cooed at me as I ran a finger along her cheek with a smile. Then she started to lightly cry, and I rocked her gently. "Alright, you're okay baby sis. Daddy's coming, look he's coming." I said, turning towards Murphy and Cassandra who ran over.

"I'll take her now. Adorable, isn't she." Murphy smiled, at Warren as I passed him Lucy. "Thought you didn't like babies." Warren said, looking at him.
"I never said that. I said I didn't like that baby." She gave him a look to say 'whatever', "but she's daddy's precious little angel, aren't you?" He continued to make baby noises and I rolled my eyes. "What?" We all laughed slightly at him, wandering towards the woods.

I slipped my hand into 10k's. "Hey Shortie." He smiled, looking down at me.
"Ahh, hello. I'm growing a bit you know? I'm almost as tall as you." I teased going on tiptoes to level with him.
"Yeah, you keep telling yourself that. After all, if you're as tall as you say you should be able to get your knife back," I looked down at my leg, seeing he had stolen it, now holding it up above his head.
"I swear down...give it back, Sniper Boy." I threatened.
"Or what?" I smirked at his response, before tackling him to the ground, snatching the knife from his hand and taking off. "Or that!" I called behind me, Doc laughing as he helped 10k back up.
"Small but mighty, like a chihuahua." Murphy teased.
"Don't call me that!" I hissed.
"Why not, chihuahua?"
"That's it, I am officially walking with myself." I joked walking ahead, but only slightly.

After a little walking, I sat down, finding a small pile of rocks big enough for seats. "Hey. Anybody else worried about the baby?" Doc asked, joining the rest of the group whilst Murphy and Cassandra sat with Lucy a little off from us. 10k had gone fishing. "I don't know wether to be worried for that baby, or afraid of that baby. Have you seen the way she attracts Zs?" Warren asked in reply.
"That baby, and I use the word loosely, is gonna get us all killed." Vasquez stated.
"Bro, she's a baby. Relax." Addy defended, I smiled at her.
"Yeah. A baby sprung from Murphy's loins." Doc pointed out.
"Guys, she has a name, Lucy." I snapped, a reminder.
"She's not just a baby. She's something else. She could grow up to be the saviour of the human race, or the queen of destruction. And we need to find out which, and do what we got to do." Warren walked off and I huffed, glaring at her. I had to tell Murphy.