Going Nuclear Part.2

Soon, we saw the small hut with a zombie, skull covered fence. "We have to stop here." Amelia told us.
"We're still fifty yards away." Murphy groaned as I spotted a small wire, bending down next to 10k.
"My dad said the place was booby trapped. I told you, Homer's crazy," Amelia explained.
"Have we completely dismissed the idea of a phone call? Just saying." Cassandra spoke up, touché. Warren walked over to us as we investigated the layout, advantage of having a crazy mum who put you in training, you knew what to look out for. "Hey. This is your kind of set up. How do we get in?" Warren asked.
"Uh. Without us getting killed, I do like to keep that in mind." Murphy reminded.
"Uh well one thing. Homer's set up is aimed at stopping Zs, not a team." 10k started, "so if we keep a sharp eye out for landmines, tripwires..."
"We'll be fine." Warren cut him off. We both nodded, confirming her statement. "Okay, the three of you guys stay here. Give us a 40 second head start. Well flank him and come up from behind." Warren said motioning for me, Amelia and 10k to follow. Us two teens at the front.

As we neared the house, 10k boosted me over the fence, before climbing over himself. When we wandered to the front we saw Doc on the ground and Homer aiming whilst counting. I nodded at 10k, before we pulled out our knives, holding them either side of his head. "Don't do that sir." 10k warned.
"Go ahead. Do me a solid. Just don't leave me a Z," he grumbled.
"We'd never do that Mr. Stubbins. We just need your help." 10k replied.
"Hello to you too." Doc called up from his position on the floor, before we were led inside.

"Grady was a good man. If anyone could SCRAM that reactor it was him." Homer said patting Amelia's shoulder.
"SCRAM?" 10k asked.
"Safety Control Rod Axe Man. Goes back to the first reactors. The only safety system they had was literally a man with an axe. Whose whole job in the event of a meltdown was to cut the rope holding fuel rods over the cooling pool." Homer explained.
"That's what dad was trying to do." Amelia informed.
"How much time do you have?" Homer asked.
"No, how much time do we have. You're in the soup with us, Homer." Murphy spoke up.
"You've confused me with someone who gives a damn." He responded, looking over at him.
"According to Grady less than 40 hours, and we do give a damn. Now are you gonna help us, or are you gonna sit here and let us all die?" Warren snapped.
"Oh and by the way, there's 2, 17 year olds in this soup." I added, raising my hand, there was a small silence.
"Well there's one thing we might try. I'm gonna have to show you," Homer gave in before picking up a bag. "We're gonna need weapons, equipment. Come on, load up. It's not as if I'm gonna be needing this stuff." He said as he pulled out the various guns. I stayed well away, I hadn't made today a plan for my first kill. "Hello, nurse." Murphy said, uncovering some vodka. "Vitamin V. The elixir of the zombie apocalypse." He smirked, before chugging some down, which was quickly snatched by Warren and put down. 10k wandered over to some blueprints and I ran my hands over the telescope which stood next to them.

"You know you're looking at is the original building plans for this reactor. I was part of the design team." Homer spoke up as he walked up to 10k, now intrigued I looked over his shoulder, resting my chin on it. "You're pretty handy with that knife, both of you, for kids. My son...he had one like it but with a longer blade." He sighed as 10k turned to speak with him.
"Yeah, older model. Got to be good to make it work." 10k said.
"Oh, Max was good." I could feel the sadness and loss in Homer's voice as he held back the tears.
"Okay, let's go. Let's do it!" Warren's call echoed through.
"We heard about your son. I'm sorry." 10k said.
"There's nothing worse than out living your own child." Homer grumbled, and I gave him a small pat on the back for support.
"You good Tommy?" I asked, looking at him, I couldn't quite read what was going on in his head, but there were some memories behind it. "Yeah, come on shortie," he grabbed my hand and we wandered back outside, Warren with the satellite phone in hand, trying to contact Citizen Z.