No Mercy Part.2

"You okay?" Addy asked, sitting me on a bench next to her. I slowly nodded.
"Yeah. I can cope, but them.." I pointed to the lab, "they are in pain." As I spoke, the doors opened and Murphy ran towards me.
"We're gonna talk with Teller. Why don't you go sit with Cassandra? Or go hunt down your sniping boyfriend?" He suggested, hugging me lightly.
"I'm just gonna take a walk. You know how to find me if you need to." I kissed his cheek, before turning away and walking towards the fence, quickly finding the exit.

I decided to wander the fields a little, finding gears every now and then. Clearly 10k had been pinging them off. I picked them up as I walked, shoving them in my pocket to give back, he could always use more. I had been walking for roughly five minutes when a caw made me jump. I looked up, 5k was aiming the slingshot at me. "Hey kid! Just me, where are the other two?" I asked as he slowly lowered it. He cawed again and gestured for me to follow, leading me over another hill to where Red and 10k stood watch.

"Hey guys, how's it looking?" I asked as I stopped beside them.
"Nothing to see really. What about back inside?" Red responded.
"We found the lab. I had to get away." I informed, she stayed silent. 10k noticed what I really meant and wrapped an arm around me, "what happened? Murphy?" He asked, I shook my head.
"they're in so much pain. These mutants, they were screaming through our heads..begging for mercy.." He pulled my head into his shoulder, shushing me gently as the thoughts rushed back in.
"Hey, it'll be okay. You can handle anything the apocalypse throws at you," he whispered, I pulled away with a smile. I reached into my back pocket and handed him the gears, "you been teaching 5k some new tricks?" I teased, turning to the kid who was playing with the slingshot.
"Yeah. He's a good teacher, good with kids." Red replied, before calling her brother over. "We better head back, they might need us." She said before we walked on back.

As we got close, we spotted Warren, "Boss!" 10k called as we caught up with 5k.
"Hey." Warren responded, just as a gear whizzed past her head, hitting a creature behind.
"Nice shot!" 10k praised as the boy picked up his prey, Warren gave him a look to say really? 5k bit into the creature, offering it to Warren, who put up her hands, "uh, that's all you. You deserve it." She said, he walked off.
"How's it going back there?" 10k asked.
"It's going. You should probably get back there. Listen, find yourself a nice spot outside the perimeter. So we can set up a cross fire." Warren ordered 10k.
"What about you?" He asked.
"I'll be along in a bit. I'm gonna check around the perimeter to make sure The Man doesn't come back early. Jordan, your dad wants you in before morning, I'd hurry if I were you, you know how he gets worked up when worried." I nodded to her, kissing 10k on the cheek with a quick "be safe", before running inside the fence again.

"Hey dad I'm ba..." I froze as I saw Cassandra feeding Lucy. "Okay...I'm gonna pretend I didn't see that." He laughed and gave a small shrug.
"It's natural. Deal with it."
"Dad, that's completely unnatural. Anyway, I'm gonna help Addy set up, maybe paint a couple sheets." I told him, completely blocking out my sister.
"Whatever, just don't leave the fence!" I rolled my eyes as I walked away.
"Oh go ahead, roll your eyes. Just wait till The Man's shooting you in the head, see what happens." He mocked. I laughed shaking my head as I walked to the main gate.

A few hours later, the sun was starting to rise and the painting was completed. "Addy! Any sign of Warren?" I asked, coming out from behind a metal sheet that I had just set up.
"Afraid not, we're alone. Here, put this on and meet Murphy in the lab." She said, throwing me a red hazard suit, I quickly climbed in.
"Why do I always have to be with him?" I questioned Addy, wanting to get to do at least a little trash talking with this Man.
"Because he needs you, not the other way around. You're the only one he listens to without a doubt, so get in there and help us keep these people alive, keep your sister alive." I nodded to her, taking off into the lab, crouching beside my dad.