Keep Moving Part. 2

Sarge lead us north, Lucy walked with Murphy, and I with Warren. "Hold up. Ender." I jumped as Sarge spoke up, causing me to crash into Doc as we ducked behind a car. "Heavily armed, over there on the ground." She pointed and I shook my head at the sight. "Say the word and I'll mercy him." Sarge said as Doc realised what I had.
"I think that ender's a zombie. Garden variety. Not one of them Mad Zs." He informed, as Lucy closed her eyes. I felt her reaching out to him, my mind being pulled in as I heard a male voice, "Alex."
"His name is Alex." Lucy informed, getting a side eye from the whole group.
"Check out the artillery on this guy." Sarge grinned, walking forwards.

We followed, looking down at the various weapons he carried. "Looks like somebody stole more than they could carry," Doc grinned, watching him.
"Well, speaking of weapons, you guys all got guns and knives and shields and stuff. I feel like I need a weapon." Murphy spoke up, instantly being given the smallest knife I'd ever seen from 10k. "What the hell am I supposed to do with that, whittle someone to death?" He questioned, turning to look at him.
"It's not the size that counts." 10k replied.
"Keep telling yourself that, kid." Murphy chuckled, watching as I blushed a little.
"I don't get it." My eyes met Lucy's and I froze.
"You will one day, but I'm not explaining it." I told her, sighing as Murphy looked around at the group.

"If I'm gonna be fighting zombies, I feel like I need something substantial, you know?" He said.
"Well, there's something for everybody. Choose your weapon." Doc responded, causing him to crouch down and have a look.
"Let's see. BFG? Nah, too heavy. Who wants to carry all that ammo? Grenade launcher."
"Not happening." I slapped his hand, getting an annoyed look.
"What about the pirate cutlass? That's always good." Doc spoke up, "it'll go with your whole, you know, Blackbeard thing."
"He'd just cut himself." 10k insulted.
"Probably right." Murphy reluctantly agreed. "Oh, hey. Look at this." He went to grab something, but Sarge's hand landed on his with a sharp, "freeze!"

Murphy stood up, looking at her. "Don't move." She ordered.
"It's not stealing. He's dead.....almost." He argued.
"Look. See? There's a grenade. It's a booby trap." She moved aside a gun and I pushed Lucy behind me.
"Everybody take cover, real easy." Warren ordered, doing the exact same to me, pushing both of us back. "I can get it, Lieutenant." Sarge assured.
"Seargeant, you too." She ordered.
"It's just the one. And we need the weapons." As she argued, Doc took Lucy to a car, and 10k tugged me towards him, an arm over my back as he opened a car door. "Seargeant, that was an order!" Warren shouted, ducking down with Murphy. We fell silent as she made work on the grenade, before shooting up with it in hand, and a smirk on her face. "Got him! Ha ha! Store's open." She moved aside for us to walk over, and I awkwardly unwrapped 10k's arm, walking over to Lucy.

"Huh. All right. Let's see. Too hot. Too cold. Hey." Murphy bent down, picking up a cane and twisting it with a smile, "that's perfect!"
"A cane? You killing zombies or doing a soft shoe?" Doc snapped, throwing his arms out.
"Maybe I should try this thing out and mercy this poor bastard." Murphy suggested.
"Dad!" Lucy turned to him, eyes going wide. He looked down at her, "what?" He asked, only getting a shake of the head in response.
"Kids." Doc shrugged as he looked over.
"At least she called me dad." Murphy replied, making me smile.
"Just don't kill if you don't have to." I reminded, before running after Lucy, calling her name.

The group followed us, this time we walked together, hand in hand as Sarge took the lead. "There it is. I see green. We're almost out of here." She said, pointing into the distance.
"Does anyone else smell zombie?" Murphy asked, causing us to stop and look around.
"I'm only smelling myself." Doc replied, sniffing the air.
"What are you scared of? You got a cane?" 10k reminded, and this time I hid behind Lucy, laughing at Murphy.
"Jordan, stop. He's right. There is something." Lucy said, hitting my shoulder, making me concentrate again. I felt it now, but I didn't know exactly what 'it' was. "Want to go North to Newmerica? That's your way out." Sarge spoke up, shutting her compass as Murphy went forwards.
"Let's go." He chimed, leading us on.