Game Changer

A/N: Please note that other triggering content (self-harm and suicide will be discussed) throughout the story. Please be forewarned and take precautions if these are troubling for you.

I just wanted to thank everyone for the reviews and votes. My muse and I both appreciate it. This is still, as of now, planned to be a fairly long, multi-part story, but if you all aren't into it...I'll wrap it up before too long.

And remember...reviews and votes keep me and my muse motivated...especially if they're positive!!!

***This chapter starts the second "part" of the story***More drama and more secrets revealed***

I hope you enjoy this latest chapter...Now on with the show!!!

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

"There are times you can't really see or even feel how sweet life can be. Hopefully its mountains will be higher than its valleys are deep. I know things that are broken can be fixed. Take the punch if you have to, hit the canvas and then get up again. Life is worth it." ~ Queen Latifah

"Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time." ~ Thomas A. Edison '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Chapter 26

"Who are you trying to convince Mia? It's just the two of us here...and we both know the truth. I'll admit...what happened at the park...now that wasn't planned. And we both know I never threw you down those stairs. We were fighting...you're right about that. But you pulled away from me and lost your balance. When I reached for you...you jerked away from me and I couldn't catch you. We both know it wasn't intentional. You just told everyone I pushed you because it was easier than admitting the truth. You didn't want Summer any more than you wanted your first kid...that's the real reason you pawned her off on your family." Lucas glances my direction with a crooked smile as he continues.

"We both know that's the only reason she has anything to do with you now...because she thinks you're some kind of victim in this whole situation and feels sorry for you. Probably a good thing you didn't raise her either. She would've turned out just as neurotic as you are...at least now she has some kind of Chance...no pun intended..." Lucas chuckles "of having a somewhat normal life."

"What's that supposed to mean?" I quickly reply...hoping I'm wrong.

"You know exactly what I meant...Mommy dearest." Lucas replies with an evil laugh.

"H...how' d...did you..." I stutter...caught off guard by what he says.

"What? Know about Chance?" Lucas smiles. "I know about a lot more than you realize, Mia." Lucas laughs. "I know that you have ruined every life you have ever touched. Poor Matthew tried to help you and ended up dead. John is a strung out junkie now...all because you pulled them into your screwed up life. And Chance...well...everyone knows he was better off without you...including him. Summer was too, and everyone knows it...including her. She just spends time with you once in a while because she feels sorry for you...not because she actually cares about you...or loves you." Lucas smiles evilly again as he continues on.

"On the bright side...with your busy schedule...traveling all over...saving the world from evil...you don't have to cancel any plans or lie to your fellow agents about where you're spending your time or what you're doing when you finally do come home. Your family doesn't notice when you're away...and your fellow agents don't notice when you're gone. You might as well be invisible. As a bonus...I'm sure you don't need to be concerned with winning any mother of the year award...so no need to plan around that." Lucas laughs again.