A Partially Honest Cover Story

A/N: Please note that other triggering content (self-harm and suicide will be discussed) throughout the story. Please be forewarned and take precautions if these are troubling for you.

A/N: Violence towards a primary character is mentioned/discussed in this chapter. Please be forewarned if that is troubling for you.

A/N: Thank you to everyone who has continued to read, post comments, and offer feedback on this story, as well as put up with the very long delay in getting this latest chapter up. The next couple of chapters may take a little bit of time as I am still trying to recover from COVID, and that is taking a little longer than I would prefer. That being said, as long as everyone is still interested in the story, I will continue to update as frequently as possible.

Thank you again for everyone who continues to comment on this story...The positive reviews definitely help keep me and my stubborn muse motivated...so keep them coming!

***More drama and more secrets revealed***

I hope you enjoy this latest chapter...Now on with the show!!!

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

"It is the false shame of fools to try to conceal wounds that have not healed." ~ Horace

"Don't let your wounds make you become someone you're not." ~ Demi Moore

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Chapter 67

I look up and notice JJ is smiling at me.

"What?" I reply...almost nervously.

"I was just thinking about you and your kids. I can't wait until I am able to see you in a room with all of them...laughing and joking around...with me and Henry right by your side." JJ replies...with just a hint of sadness in her voice.

Now's my chance. I can tell by the tone in her voice that she's really missing Henry right now.

"Sweetheart...I know you miss Henry. Why don't you go spend the afternoon with him? Take him out for dinner...maybe take him home and tuck him in. Read him that story you always read to him when you're away on a case...Baby Star? The tests I'm going to have are going to take a long time and there is no reason for you to be pacing up and down these halls waiting on me when you could be spending time with him. The team is right across the hall. If anything happens...they know how to reach you. They aren't going anywhere. And I hate to see you so sad...thinking about him. I know you've never been away from him this long, and I don't want to be the reason why you aren't able to spend time with him."

"I'm not going to leave you here alone, Em. Will is looking after Henry...he'll be just fine." JJ replies...sadness still lingering in her voice.

"I'm sure he is fine, and that Will is doing a great job taking care of him. My point was that you aren't fine. You shouldn't have to choose between staying here waiting on me or spending time with your son. Your son should always come first. Besides, just like I told my kids...there's nothing that you'll be able to do but pace up and down the halls waiting on me. These tests are gonna take quite a while. Why waste that time worrying when you could be spending time with your son. I know you miss him. You've never been away from him this long. You haven't seen him since before we left on that case in California."