My Own Way to Cope

A/N: Please note that other triggering content (self-harm and suicide will be discussed) throughout the story. Please be forewarned and take precautions if these are troubling for you. – This is one of those "triggering" chapters.

I just wanted to thank everyone for the reviews and votes. My muse and I both appreciate it. This is still, as of now, planned to be a fairly long, multi-part story, but if you all aren't into it...I'll wrap it up before too long.

And remember...reviews and votes keep me and my muse motivated...especially if they're positive!!!

***More drama and more secrets revealed***

I hope you enjoy this latest chapter...Now on with the show!!!

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

"I see that the path of progress has never taken a straight line, but has always been a zigzag course amid the conflicting forces of right and wrong, truth and error, justice and injustice, cruelty and mercy." ~ Kelly Miller

"The underbelly of the human psyche, what is often referred to as our dark side, is the origin of every act of self-sabotage. Birthed out of shame, fear, and denial, it misdirects our good intentions and drives us to unthinkable acts of self-destruction and not-so-unbelievable acts of self-sabotage." ~ Debbie Ford

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Chapter 38

I'm still thinking about everything that Chance had told me when I hear the rest of my team coming down the hall.

Hotch is the first to speak "Reid said you found out some new information."

"Yeah. Chance just told me something very strange. He said Emily was told that Lauren died a few years earlier than what Garcia's search pulled up. I know that Garcia's records are almost never wrong, but Garcia...can you make sure the information you found out is correct...that it wasn't 'tampered' with for some reason?" I ask...glancing towards Garcia.

"You really think someone would change records like that? But why?" Garcia asks...confused by my request.

"I'm not sure Garcia...but something about this whole situation just doesn't make any sense. Chance told me that the Ambassador and Emily's dad denied even knowing Lauren...but even he knew who she was...apparently Lauren and Emily were close...so why would they lie?" I question.

"We haven't had a chance to ask them yet. We were about to start our interview when Reid stopped us and told us you had more information. You've mentioned this Chance person a couple of times now. I assume that's the young man in the room with Emily. Who is he?" Rossi asks.

"Chance is Emily's son, Rossi." I state.

I see Rossi start to ask a question, but interrupt before he can "I know this is a lot to take in...I'm still sorting it all out myself. I don't know if you knew about him or not, but I just found out about him earlier tonight...about the same time I found out about Summer."

"No...The only thing she ever told me was that she got pregnant when she was 15 and was living in Rome...but that she said she had an abortion. Looks like she told me part of the story...but apparently she lied about the second part. My question is why? Why keep him a secret from everyone and say she had an abortion?" Rossi asks.