Georgetown

A/N: Please note that other triggering content (self-harm and suicide will be discussed) throughout the story. Please be forewarned and take precautions if these are troubling for you.

I just wanted to thank everyone for the reviews and votes. My muse and I both appreciate it. This is still, as of now, planned to be a fairly long, multi-part story, but if you all aren't into it...I'll wrap it up before too long.

And remember...reviews and votes keep me and my muse motivated...especially if they're positive!!!

***More drama and more secrets revealed***

I hope you enjoy this latest chapter...Now on with the show!!!

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

"When politics is no longer a mission but a profession, politicians become more self-serving than public servants." ~ Emmanuel Macron

"I have a weird definition of family; it's not the same as everyone else's." Lil Peep

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Chapter 40

"So...If I remember correctly...you went to Georgetown first...then Yale, right?" Matthew asks.

"Yeah, I started at Georgetown...it was close to where my aunt and uncle were living...that way I could see Chance...and it was still 'acceptable' for my mom. You know...I had to attend an Ivy League school...what with her being an Ambassador and all."

"Of course."

"By that time...all of my grandparents were gone...and I had gotten all of my trust fund money and other assets that my father had been so concerned about...but I wasn't really using any of that money. I never wanted any trust funds or anything else like that in the first place. All I ever wanted was a normal life with normal parents. I guess that was just never gonna happen. After my grandparents all died...my parents had secretly gotten divorced...and my father married Isabella. But my mother still wanted to keep up appearances as much as possible. She couldn't let anyone know that her perfect little family had been a sham all along." I sarcastically continue.

"Sounds like she didn't change too much." Matthew offers a quick smile.

"Nope...still cold as ice. She thawed a little around Chance...something about being around him caused her to act almost human...but otherwise...she was a complete ice queen."

"Maybe she was starting to realize what she missed when you were growing up." Matthew offered.

"I doubt it. She never wanted me...or him. But maybe being alone more...after my father divorced her and we both officially moved out...maybe something finally clicked with her and she realized that she drove everyone away and he was her last chance...no pun intended...at having someone in her family that would stay around her for more than five minutes...who knows." I state...shrugging my shoulders in reply.

"Do Chance and the Ambassador get along now?" Matthew asks.

"He gets along with better than most of us...but he doesn't put up with any of her crap either." I smile as I reply. "Of course...Neither does Summer...she picked that up from him I guess. I just wish I would've been more like them when I was younger...maybe I wouldn't have turned out like I did."

"You turned out pretty good, Em. You're an amazing profiler with an elite unit of the FBI...and you have friends and family that would travel all over the world just to help you. I'd say you're doing ok." Matthew replies.