Not What I Was Expecting - II

A/N: Please note that other triggering content (self-harm and suicide will be discussed) throughout the story. Please be forewarned and take precautions if these are troubling for you. This is one of those chapters.

A/N: Violence towards a primary character is mentioned/discussed in this chapter. Please be forewarned if that is troubling for you. This is one of those chapters.

A/N: This is the continuation / second part of last chapter (that turned out much longer than I thought it would) that I ended up having to break up into two sections. I try not to do that if I can, but I also want to make this as easy to read for everyone as possible.

***Also please note that this chapter is more explicit than some of the others with regards to descriptions of injuries sustained. If graphic depictions of that nature are disturbing for you... Please be forewarned***

I just wanted to thank everyone for the reviews and votes. My muse and I both appreciate it.

This is still, as of now, planned to be a fairly long, multi-part story, but if y'all aren't into it...I'll wrap it up soon.

And remember...reviews and votes keep me and my muse motivated...especially if they're positive!!!

***More drama and more secrets revealed***

I hope you enjoy this latest chapter...Now on with the show!!!

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

"Children show scars like medals. Lovers use them as secrets to reveal. A scar is what happens when the word is made flesh." ~ Leonard Cohen

"I have trust issues with allowing other individuals to know my innermost secrets for fear of how I may be viewed. Everyone has this." ~ Kevin Gates

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Chapter 61

"I'll be right back, Em..." I look over and see her nod before making my way over to Dr. Hayes.

"How strong were those pain meds you gave her? One minute she seems completely coherent...the next she's acting like she's drunk." I question the doctor.

"I started her off on a fairly low dose of the medicine. Her vitals have been good...so unless she has any other issues...I'd say everything should be fine. Sometimes those kinds of medications can cause a person to become a little euphoric...sometimes they can make them a little drowsy...but the primary goal is to help mitigate pain. As long as she doesn't have any negative side effects and she doesn't seem to be experiencing any pain...I'd say we just keep an eye on her for now. If she starts to experience negative side effects, I can change the medication or adjust the dosage then. But the medications she's taking really are the best we have available for her condition, and she's at nearly the lowest effective dosage I can give her right now." Dr. Hayes replies...glancing periodically over my shoulder as she does.

"Okay...as long as they aren't dangerous or anything." I quietly reply...noticing the supplies she has in her hand "are those the supplies for me to help clean the injuries on her face?"

"Yes. Just remember to be careful when you use them, given how painful the injuries to her face will be. Still, I'd imagine she'll feel better once she can get cleaned up a little more." Dr. Hayes replies.