A Little More Time

A/N: Please note that other triggering content (self-harm and suicide will be discussed) throughout the story. Please be forewarned and take precautions if these are troubling for you.

A/N: Violence towards a primary character is briefly mentioned/discussed in this chapter. Please be forewarned if that is troubling for you.

I just wanted to thank everyone for the reviews and votes. My muse and I both appreciate it.

This is still, as of now, planned to be a fairly long, multi-part story, but if y'all aren't into it...I'll wrap it up soon.

And remember...reviews and votes keep me and my muse motivated...especially if they're positive!!!

***More drama and more secrets revealed***

I hope you enjoy this latest chapter...Now on with the show!!!

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

"Beauty in things exists in the mind which contemplates them." ~ David Hume

"Everything is beautiful, all that matters is to be able to interpret." ~ Camille Pissarro

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Chapter 48

It'll take time to heal. I know Summer just told me that because she was trying to make me feel better about how I look right now. Besides...being my daughter...she's always been a little biased when it comes to me anyways. Over the years...the various people that have paid me compliments...I've just attributed them to being either biased or trying to be polite.

I guess it's like those times when people see a new baby and say how cute it is...despite how it really looks. Granted...most babies are cute...but I've definitely seen some that aren't and the polite response is still the same regardless..."how adorable...or "what a cute baby".

That being said...I'm no longer a baby...obviously...and that polite response is no longer appropriate or necessary and I'm quite realistic about my flaws and how I look.

At this point, I've become accustomed to avoiding mirrors entirely if possible or just glancing at them if I have to...but my kids still feel the need to try and make me feel better. I guess they feel like that's part of their job.

It's not that I don't appreciate the gesture...because I do.

But lying doesn't do anyone any good. Odd thought coming from me I realize. Especially considering I've turned lying into an art form...but I guess for now I'll just go along with it.

I even manage to school my features and stifle the gasp that had threatened to escape my lips when I first saw my reflection.

I hid my shock about just how awful I actually looked in one of my compartments...before finally calmly replying "I know. But the doctor told me what day it was. They'll be expecting to hear from me in the next few days. Since I obviously can't visit them right now or do a video call either, I'll just have to tell them that the camera on my phone is broken or something and that should buy me some time. In the meantime...I've pre-recorded some videos that I can send them over the next week or so. Hopefully by then, I will have healed enough to be able to do a video call. Just make sure that they get the gifts I pre-ordered for them before next weekend...please." I ask.