Game Over

A/N: Please note that other triggering content (self-harm and suicide will be discussed) throughout the story. Please be forewarned and take precautions if these are troubling for you.

A/N: Violence towards a primary character is contained in this chapter. Please be forewarned if that is troubling for you.

I just wanted to thank everyone for the votes and reviews. My muse and I both appreciate it. This is still, as of now, planned to be a fairly long, multi-part story, but if you all aren't into it...I'll wrap it up before too long.

And remember...reviews and votes keep me and my muse motivated...especially if they're positive!!!

***This chapter is a continuation of the second "part" of the story***More drama and more secrets revealed***

I hope you enjoy this latest chapter...Now on with the show!!!

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

"We are not here to curse the darkness, but to light the candle that can guide us thru that darkness to a safe and sane future." ~ John F. Kennedy

"Sometimes when you're overwhelmed by a situation - when you're in the darkest of darkness - that's when your priorities are reordered." ~ Phoebe Snow
'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Chapter 27

He wants to see me broken...I guess the joke is on him. You can't break something that is already broken. I simply stare back into his empty, evil eyes...trying to contain the hollow laugh that is threatening to escape my lips. He notices the shift in my demeanor and slowly stalks towards me.

"You find this amusing Mia? Now why doesn't that surprise me? You always were fucked up." Lucas smiles.

"You can't break something that's already broken." I calmly reply.

"Maybe not...but I can shatter it beyond repair. Broken pieces can eventually be put back together. When you leave this room...no one will be able to fix you. Take a good look around you...do you still find your situation and what you've caused so amusing now? Still think I can't shatter what's left of you?"

I quickly glance around and notice pictures of various women taped all around the room. I had only noticed the bed before...but now I realize that these are the same pictures he had shown me earlier...the ones from the stack of papers...the women he said he killed. My heart starts to race as I realize he's taunting me with their images. I try to block out their faces but they're all around the room...wherever I look....more faces with haunted eyes staring back at me.

I'm distracted by their images and don't notice Lucas laughing at me...at the horror that I can't stop from appearing on my face.

"You killed all of these women? Just because they reminded you of me?" I quietly ask.

Hearing Lucas laugh again, I turn to face him and watch as he smiles broadly and simply answers "Yes."

"Why?"

"They were causing pain to everyone around them...just like you always did. But I would've never met them had it not been for you. They're all dead because of you. Remember that! None of them had to die...if you would have just ended your own life years ago. So the next time you are considering if everyone would be better off without you or not...remember all of these faces...and then maybe the next time...you'll make the right decision."